Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sat Report

Fished from 5:45 to 2:30. Worked hard for the "one".
Started between Diamond and the Snake trolled to Welch and Sandy then moved to Black Point. 9 fish total. 7 Rats, 1 decent Smallie, and 1 21.5" Salmon that weighed 3lbs 10 oz. (Great fight)

All but one fish caught on lead, 8-colors out. I don't know what the lure is called but it was a "Shorty" Top Gun with a Purplish-Green on one side and bright Orange on the other. This lure pulled in 7 of the 9 fish. Even though the fish were regurgitating a bunch of 1" white fish, they would not touch a white lure. I figure these fish were partially digested so their original color was gone. Anyway, marked lots of fish but just couldn't get 'em to bite. Also 8 of the 9 came on the same side of the boat (Weird).

At one time there were 9 or 10 boats fishing the same 1/2 mile square area and I'm sure some of those boats belong to some of you on this board, so I ask, did you guys do any better or is it just me? (Don't get me wrong, I AM willing to sacrifice numbers for size).

I also tried contacting anyone on the radio to help find the bait, but my calls went unanswered. I could hear 1/2 of a conversation but just couldn't seem to reach anyone while transmitting.

Oh well, I'll try again next Sat.

Moe

Re: Sat Report

Hi Bio Moe, I was out there with my buddy Rob and some of my other friends where out there also, I thought i heard somebody call once but the transmission was full of static, Hooked on Salmon did well out on the pond and The Sampson Party (Fishing) Barge Killed them they ended up with 30 fish as for me i should of went with my other 2 amigos I only got 3 fish on the boat i was on LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Sat Report

Never made it to Squam. Daughter was sick. I did make it to Winni on Friday. Fished Ship to Rattlesnake and got 12 lakers. Three around 3-3.5lbs. We also got 10 salmon, all rats. Fish of the day was a 3lb rainbow that was only 17 inches. Baby Mooselooks were the hot lures. Small marvel and a few guns worked as well.

Re: Sat Report

Fish Squam of you want size and not numbers, but be strong, it's not for the weak, diehards only will win there..

John S.

Re: Re: Sat Report

Hey Dave... Bio Moe was asking about Saturday. We were out on Sunday, frenchy! Sheesh. Is Berlin in a different time/date zone now? LOL

Re: Re: Re: Sat Report

Sorry bad case of Frenchmanitis LMAO I think it's starting to rub off on you and John a little bit too though LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Report

Yeah, I think I dipped my toe in that water... caught the frenchmanitis... it seems to come and go on its own accord. LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat Report

Man, I wish I could fish as often as you guys. . .forgetting which day you're out there?

Must be nice!