Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ontario Report

Great report popeye!!! I leave saturday am for the 8 hr drive under tow. Sounds like flys are one of the hot tickets this year along with meat of course. Where were you fishing?? I think you told me before. 1-More question I just finished setting up wire for the dipsy What were some of the line out numbers for depth??? Hope my report is as good as yours when I return!!!

Charlies Charters [Charlie]

Re: Ontario Report

Watch out, the big Sampson barge might make the trip next year, but we have a few (quie a few) bugs to work out yet. Sounds like you had a great time, tried to call you a few times, no luck.

John S.

Re: Re: Ontario Report

Charlie,
250-350 on the wire. I fished from the salmon river past the north dune to the north, and past the stacks to the south.
Green was hot on the flys.
Its hot up there, you will do fine.
Try a silver bullit with lipstick.

Captian Sampson,
Phone was messed up all week. You would have a great time up there, I just don't know about the pontoon boat up there....Might be a little rough.
Where are you fishing this weekend?

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Ontario Report

I think Squam only, unless my son wants to try Winni, then maybe my wife wont have a heart attack if I move the boat again.

Might go back up and fish Squam Thursday if I can manage it, definately be there Thursday night for the weekend. Have company coming up Thursday afternoon, til Friday night, not sure how much fishing I'll get in Friday with company there. Soooooo Thursday may be the best day for me to fish and play it by ear from there. Friday may be the only hard day to get out fishing, Monday we have a huge cookout here at my house, Labor Day tradition. Of course bad weather might be a factor in my favor ???????

John S.