Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Sunday Winni report

thats got to take the sting out of all the things that went wrong. sounds like a great day. trailering can be fun

Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

Depends on what you say mean by "fun" when you say "trailering can be fun", I think I got your point, just another learning experience. I'm, laughing about the whole day allready, the great fishing sure did help.

I'm cured, for now anyhow, orderd a new net and ready to go fishin again..

Again that was a great fish you caught, good job, I think I told you earlier there was a 7 pounder in your near future, before the season was over. Go out and get another one.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

fun , taking the boat one week to biddeford pools, crossing over from 495 onto 95 north the tire goes flat. miraculously get the swaying boat over to the side of the road without hitting anyone. get out to survey the damage, while bending over to see if the rim is ruined lean on the fender with the palm of my hand. the tire was rubbing against it and i get a third degree burn the size of my palm. get the tire off and my brother goes to get a new tire put on while i wait at the boat. 18 wheeler goes by and the wind from it knocks the boat off the stand and it starts sliding sidways down the hill with me now holding it. brother finds a place for the tire, while having it mounted, mentions the size of the boat, guy wont sell him the tire now because its not rated high enough. meanwhile im baking in the sun with a killer burn holding the boat. why is there no spare on my trailer, its mysteriously on my brothers boat trailer, an hour and a half away. by the way, ive trolled the roads also. so much fun. how abot 2 flats on the trailer at the same time in the middle of nowhere trying to get to the north side of chesuncook lake on the logging roads. ever patch a tire with rubber from a pair of rain coveralls. fun fun fun.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

Oh, that kind of fun, I hear ya loud and clear. WOW, you have had some fun with trailering.

But no matter how bad it seems sometimes, we can allot of times, laugh about this stuff later. I hope the worst of this trailer business is behind me and certainly for you.

A one man job with my rig, its' not, perhaps but I'd feel better with two just in case.

Johh S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

seems every year, the first time out is when things go wrong, the rest of the year is much smoother

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

John, you mentioned needing a name for the boat??? Every time I see it (enormous) I think of the words Samson & Goliath... Well you're Sampson (close enough to Samson) and IT really is huge... I'd name it Goliath.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

That's a thought, but shouldn't it be a girls name if I choose a "name" ?

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

Well... traditionally yes... I suppose so. I tried.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

Oh forgot to mention John wasn't the only one that lost stuff yesterday LOL When we were motoring in somehow we lost our transducer UGHHHHH wire was there but transducer was gone!!!!!!!!!! As far as boat names????????? Cool Water, Hooked on Salmon, whole bunch more i can think of that are not girls name, except of course the fishing machine The Peggy C and i wouldn't think of changing that name cause that boat is always catching fish LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sunday Winni report

Maybe I don't need to name it, seems to do just fine being dubbed "my barge", might jinx her if I give her an official name. A name was just a passing thought, I think maybe we'll leave it as is.

John S.