Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Best day and worse day fishing ever, talk about memories we can laugh about later..R

john,

just read your post

lmao,

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Best day and worse day fishing ever, talk about memories we can laugh about later..Red o

My Buddy Adrien - what a guy.
John S, we should go fishing together some day, with my luck and your luck there would probably be a freakin Tsunami on Winni!?!?!?
To all, remember, the worse lukc on the trip, the better the story for the next gathering...
Later
Throbbin Rods

Re: Best day and worse day fishing ever, talk about memories we can laugh about later..Red on my fri

Great post John, at least it was worth the trouble. We'll be heading to winni soon in the next week or two. Hope we have half as much luck as you.
Who sold you a trailer that was that much too big for your boat??
Whipster

Re: Re: Best day and worse day fishing ever, talk about memories we can laugh about later..Red on my

Well, used there was nothing big enough that we could find. I was looking for one to haul a 26' boat, was a 5 to 6 weeks wait. They (M and M Marine Salvage, Merideth) could get a new trailer for a 24' boat in a few hours, 200.00 over cost, and said it would be fine with a little overhang. Weight capability was fine (4400lbs) with single axle brakes. Cost was 2500.00.

Then 2 days late he calls back with a trailer for a 27' Pontoon boat, like new 2 years old, list new for 3900.00, he wanted 2000.00, carries up to 7700 lbs, had an electric winch, dual axle brakes, etc.. Sounded like a better deal all around, so we bought it.

I think it will work fine once we get it set up better, with the winch and stairs, etc. moved back now and the weight more over the wheels now, it hauls fine now and should load fine. Just need to get the guides on to make loading easier and maybe a platform (if needed) to walk back to the winch. I actually like it, has stairs to get from the trailer to the front boat deck, just a little (maybe allot) intimidating at first. But a tad too big, may be better than a tad small.

Get up To Winni ASAP, it's HOT, I know exactly what you've been going through on your Lake, a Winni trip is just what you need.

John s.