Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fish Hawk Temp. Probe

I have a Fish Hawk, I'm looking to get a Cannon temp probe or the depth raider. Anyone have the pro's and con's about them. Bill

Re: Fish Hawk Temp. Probe

Hi Salmon Hunter, I have the Cannon Speed and Temp and light at the ball. If You don't have Cannon down riggers you have to do improvising. Also the unit does not seal very good, water gets in with two o-rings. I have'nt used the Fish hawk but I do hear more people have problems with the Cannon unit. Also were you in Oswego this weekend. I seen a Salmon Hunter boat from NH. Roland

Re: Re: Fish Hawk Temp. Probe

Yes I fished out of Oswego Wrights Landing green dock # 6. I do have Cannon Down riggers. I just send my Fish Hawk back and had it all cheched out they put a new board in it, but the currents out there and the the swing on the ball it wood loose speed and temp. They tell me that does not happen with the cannon. Are you from the Lakes Region? Bill

Re: Re: Re: Fish Hawk Temp. Probe

Yes were form the lakes region. We mostly fish winni in the spring and then when the crowds show up we fish champlain and several other lakes. Lena and I try to go up to Oswego three weekend a year. The kings are fun. Saturday or Sunday I heard someone yell at ya on the radio. My ball for the speed and temp weighs 18.5 lbs because of the currents. Sunday there was a current coming from the west at almost 4mph. Needless to say if you wanted to catch fish you must fish going west. Anyway good luck.

Re: Re: Fish Hawk Temp. Probe

Roland, I also have a SNT and put in thicker O ring, no more leaks. Got the O rings from the hardware store O ring drawers.