Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Pontoon Trailors

You came to the right place Joe, step into my office..

Seriuosly, the scissor type from what I'm told are not for over the road trailering, used more by Marinas so they can move short distances and lower down on blocks etc.

They rock allot as the weight is all too centered and not supporting the Pontoons, small tires and most importantly much more expensive.

The good news is the size your looking for, you might be able to find a used one for the size boat you have, the bigger ones are hard to find used.

I ended up going to M and M Marine Salvage in Meredith (603)279-5041 ask for George, kind of like a junk yard for boats, etc. He says he gets and sells them new, for 200.00 over cost and can have them in 4 hours. A trailer for a 24' Pontoon boat trailer was going to cost me 2500.00 (retails for 3000.00 I checked it out)

Then he came up with a used bigger one for my barge, so I went with that.

Give him a call, he's a good guy to deal with, treated me good and treated my nephew good when he bought a boat from him.. He aslo does some repair work, bottom ends etc, seems like he sell's what he has for 1/2 normal new price. He has a ton of s--- (short for stuff) there.

John S.

Re: Re: Pontoon Trailors

You are the best. You're always one to give good info. I'd love to fish with you sometime.

Re: Re: Re: Pontoon Trailors

Sometimes I get lucky and have the right answer for the right question, not that often.

I used to give allot of seminars and it was a piece of cake as I was the only one that had any real clue about the subject matter, something unique sort of that I orignated. Now there all experts and don't need me anymore and no need to travel anymore, it was fun however.

I'm sure we can hook up before the seasons over, I'm sort of retired, LOL. I only work 5 days work now. I like to fish with 1 or 2 other people, more fun that way and 4 extra lines, LOL.

Let me know how you make out with the trailer.

John S.