Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: guess im not a local

i look forward to the report weekly, i think its a pretty good report given that they can only say so much about each area. nice to see my catch mentioned, a name would of been nice and they had it, but seeing someone VOWing to catch one bigger is just silly. well glad i gave them misleading info on the actual location i caught the fish, and it was a 3 color topshot of lead with 80 to 100 feet of 20 pound mono backing to get it deeper trolled at winni speeds off a planer board. if anyone sees anyone fishing the south side of the northwest river shoal, you will know why, you want to be on the north side of that shoal

Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

Fishless - I too like(d) to read the Kittery reports but it is disappointing to see them give name mention to someone else who DID NOT catch a 7-lber saying they SAW and WOULD catch a bigger one...give me a break. Petty. Maybe they are pandering to the mentality of some bass fishermen who never seem to stop trying to one up each other...Another reason I like this Winni board... Hey, that was an awesome fish not to be diminished in any way by what anyone else says or does not say.

Re: Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

fishlessman,
when i need my sebago report for next years vacation, I hope I can call on you again, or would you like me to refer to Roger and the kittery report? lol

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

As the saying goes....."A picture is worth a thousand words...." Regardless of what they wrote, we saw the picture. Congrats on a fine fish. Tight lines.

Re: guess im not a local

Nice fish.

I take any written report with a grain of salt.

I'll also say this tactfully but what do you care? You caught the fish fair and square. You know how, when, and where you caught the fish. Are we at a point where we have to post names and pictures all over the net to be satisfied rather than just being satisfied with catching a nice fish? Again, I'm trying to say this carefully but there are a lot of very good fishermen that catch a lot of very nice fish each season that we never hear about. Doesn't make them less of fisherman only they aren't out for the notority.

hope i didnt come off as a braggard, just sharing my catch with those that have helped me over the last year. this is a great forum to share ideas in.

I think there is nothing wrong with recognition when deserved, which is this case.
When a fisherman is known for catching many fish, or catching the big one we all seek, (s)he becomes a resource of information to many of us.
Some may call it bragging, others would say pride.
Cal

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Nice fish.

I take any written report with a grain of salt.

I'll also say this tactfully but what do you care? You caught the fish fair and square. You know how, when, and where you caught the fish. Are we at a point where we have to post names and pictures all over the net to be satisfied rather than just being satisfied with catching a nice fish? Again, I'm trying to say this carefully but there are a lot of very good fishermen that catch a lot of very nice fish each season that we never hear about. Doesn't make them less of fisherman only they aren't out for the notority.

Sorry Jay, but I don't think there is a way to tacfully tell someone he is blowing his own horn, if we don't blow our own horn, who will ????

Fisherman are known to share tales (true or false) I like to think everyone on this board is truthfull, we sure know they are helpfull.

If we didn't discuss our catches, what would we talk about, "fish we plan to catch". Oops, guess I do that too. But most of all when a report is given here, it gives info on how deep, where, on what, etc. That's what this web site is all about, helping one another and it goes beyond fishing too I might add..

I realize allot of big fish are caught and never mentioned here, and they probably say to themselves or friends, "I caught one bigger, etc" but if the don't BRAG a little, who knows and who cares.

Sorry you see it that way and even sorrier you have to let us all know how you feel. When you get a BIG one, wouldn't you like to see a photo of it on the web site ??????

Hope I didn't do the wrong thing by making this post ????

I'm otta here, goin north and I just might go fishin.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

John

You and I have conversed via email in the past. I believe you are missing my point. In actuality, I might have missed fishlessfisherman's point. Seemed to me that he was miffed about not being considered a local, miffed about not having his name mentioned in a Kittery Trading Post fishing report, then turns around and states that he intentionly mislead the tackle shop about the location where the fish was caught. He caught a beautifl fish, no doubt about it, has done very well in a typically difficult lake to fish, had his accomplishment mentioned in a report that also indicated he did well this season, and should be justly proud of what he has achieved. He spent the time and walked the walk. I guess I just don't understand the disappointment.

I have been fortunate to have caught some pretty big salmon in my life and no, I don't particularily care if my picture is on the wall of any shop or internet site. However, while I may not tell someone either in person or on the net about the particulars, when I do it is not misleading or intentionally sending someone in the wrong area.

You want to blow your own horn have at it. Just don't be ticked off if others, in a short column, don't share your enthusiasm. Personally, I thought Carroll's report was rather silly but I also wonder how many people come through that door with their personal best fish each week. I'd assume they are just as proud of their accomplishment and would like to see their name in print. Can you imagine how long a report of just perople names would be with 3 pound salmon.

Re: Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

Jay
i think your reading way to much into my post. not being a local is a joke that is spread thruoghout new england and probably much farther, as in "your not from round here". im not miffed in fact i even included a happy face at the end of the post. it was nice that i was mentioned in the report even if i was the only one to know it. what i dont understand was the vowing of someone to catch one larger by seasons end. there are a few in that store that are very helpful, and one thats not. this person can be rude at times and i dont feel wrong giving him misleading info, its just returning the favor. i give up all my spots here on the board including lures speeds etc. if i offend you in anyway, my email is on this board, this really isnt the place

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

I think its time to chill men...but, in defense of Fishlessman, I'd have a hard time giving all my secrets to someone (at Kittery?) who is at best immature and at worst a jerk for diminishing one guy's catch of a 7 pounder (****!) and giving name mention to some showboater who "vows" to catch a bigger one. I mean how often does anyone catch a 7 lb salmon outside of the Pacific? I have to admit that if they did that to me I would be ****** not disappointed. Thats a helluva fish and how many times in your life will any of us be so fortunate?. I read Fishless' post pretty clearly and saw he was giving all of us on the board the straight scoop on how and where he caught that beauty. This board is the secret spot, who cares about Kittery's reports and who cares about the "future exploits" of their favorite fisherman...if they had quoted me about another guy's 7-lber, all I would do is tip my hat, not shoot my mouth off....
-Eric H.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

If i can throw my 2 cents in I totally understood what Fishlessman was saying, I also now first hand somebody else gave another paper the picture of my Big Laker (Biggest fresh water fish I've ever caught) and it was put on the front page I was very proud of that picture and in no way was it intended to Brag it was to show off something that i have been working very hard to catch for the past 5 years and that hard work finally paid off with a little help from some "Awesome" Friends Who once again even though I've said it probably 100 times Thanks again Buddy that's a fish i will never forget!!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

Hey LOL Dave - I almost forgot about that huge laker of yours...how big again? I don't want tp add 2 # and 6 in. to your fish and be accused of collusion. Quite a few beauties for the Winni board team this year. John S. had that 6# salmon. Looking foward to the day when I catch any salmondi in that class.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: guess im not a local

Mine was 9 1/2lbs caught aboard the "Fishing Machine" Yo Adrian Also the same guy that gave me my last Nickname of Donkey Dave (Thank God i got rid of that LOL) but i think the dumb frenchman name stuck though LOL That's ok I'm proud to be a dumb frenchman LOL and if you think the 6lb Sampson got was big You should have seen the one that got me the Donkey Nickname that i lost on the Sampson Barge John said that was the biggest one he had ever seen on Squam LOL That's ok though I'll hopefully still have a couple more times to try and get him/her LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North