(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Looking for a boat again

Hi Dave,
Thanks for the tip but the boat and trailer damage was more structural than it appeared, safety and leaking concerns, etc. So back to the drawing board. Not sure if it makes sense to buy now or mid winter/early spring. New / used, etc.
I really like the Islander set up (thank's Throbbing Rods) but we travel an hour and 20 minutes each way and the lighter the load, the better as we can only handle 3500 pounds max. That's why the 17' aluminum is about the right size for us to tow and handle.
Time will tell.
I got the feeling that you, Slipknot and John Sampson are due for the REALLY big one before September is out,so good luck,
Bob

Re: Re: Re: Looking for a boat again

Thanks Bob and I hope you find a boat, and hope you get to make it out on the pond again before the end of the season Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North P.S. I got my big one for the year as far as trout go so now i only gotta go after that monster i missed at the begining of the year LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Looking for a boat again

i know that irwin marine in hudson has a 2000 fisher hawk 17ft with a 50hp 2005 mercruiser engine...a nice boat ..i believe it has a top. i know someone has already placed a bid on it..so i dont know if it has sold yet...just thought i would help...good luck finding a boat
j demike

Re: Looking for a boat again

Bob,

I do give me a call...

I must have missed this are you O.K.???

Trav

Hey Travis,

Thanks for asking, yes, Nancy and I are now doing ok, just banged up, bruised, etc., thank GOD. I will call you tonight to set something up.
Bob

Re: Looking for a boat again

maybe if you posted a pic of your old boat and gave us a price range and age for a used boat someone might see one roadside. my camp is across from a marina, and not many boats moved this summer with the gas prices, thinking that there will be a lot of deals roadside.

I'd think at this point in the season it would definitely be worth waiting for late fall/early winter when they are on discount. Don't wait for early spring, 'cause that's when everyone is rushing out to get a boat for the season opener. In the meantime, feel free to call or write me and you guys can join me on my boat. I'm no Salty, Adrien or Travis... but we would still catch some fish and have fun doing it. 393-7549 cell

As usual one of my fellow Amigo's being a good Samaritan That's why i love this board so much and all the people i have met from it!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up NOrth

Slipknot,
Good advice Craig.
I just might take you up on your kind offer. From what I've read on your posts, we'll have a blast.
Thank's everone else for your great input as usual on this board!
Bob