Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Posting Pictures... a how-to...

Since Adrien is getting old and needs to get his beauty sleep (just kidding Adrien, you're purty just the way you are) I'll try to explain it the way I was taught a while back. Thanks to my brother for finally setting me straight.

First you need to find an online source to upload your pics to and get a url/http address... I use photobucket (I believe I got that site from Fishlessman?). So, go to photobucket.com and open an account. Its free and easy. Just follow their instructions.

Now, assuming you have the pictures already on your computer... you can just start uploading pics to your new online account. To do so (on photobucket) just hit the BROWSE icon under the IMAGE UPLOAD header in the center of the screen. This will pull up your picture files on your computer... scroll through the pictures until you find the one you want. Double click on the picture. Now click on SUBMIT under the IMAGE UPLOAD file. When the screen says image uploaded succesfully, scroll down the page and you'll see your pic with different bars of info under it.
The top bar will be the URL... click once on the writing in this bar and it will turn blue. Now, on your keyboard, hit "CTRL" and "C" to copy that info.
Now go to the fish lake winni message board and hit "reply" or "post". Write whatever story or info you want and when you're ready to input a picture type the following...

It will look similar to this but will have a URL address inside the quotations instead of 123

You can input as many pics as you like... you'll just have to keep going back and forth from the winni board to photobucket. ATTENTION... do the two sites in seperate pages (minimize/expand as needed) or you will lose all info you just put in. If you don't understand that... I mean, after inputing your picture to the fishwinni message, go to the top right corner of the screen and minimize that page (little box with short line in it). Now open internet explorer again and start a second page with photobucket.com You can then "toggle" between these two pages using the page bar at the bottom of your screen.

When done inputing pics, hit "preview message". If your pics come up HUGE on the screen... just go to photobucket and hit the "EDIT" button over the picture you need to shrink. Up will come several options. Check the box next to 75, 50 or 25% of original to shrink your pic as much as needed. Then hit the button below it that says "resize image". Caution... sometimes, unless you clear your computers history, you will still see the pic as you originally posted it, but others will see it in its reduced version. After resizing your image on photobucket there's nothing else to do. Just type in your code and hit "Post Message" so we can see your awesome pictures.

Now that everyone is totally confused... I'm calling it a night. Goodnight everyone.

Re: Posting Pictures... a how-to...

OK... we have to do this a secret way, as the message board "X" my samples. Take out all spaces between the following info except img and src. This is "X" #1

< i m g s r c = "

and the second "X" is

< i m g s r c = " 1 2 3 "

Re: Re: Posting Pictures... a how-to...

Slip - thanks for stepping in. I think I can follow this; I'll shoot you an e-mail if I encounter any problems and need more help.