Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
question for salty

I read all your reports and ive noticed youve been catching the majority of your fish on flies.my question is are you using any tandem flies or all singles? all i have are tandems ive got 2 weeks starting monday in a cottage on the lake should i get some single/smaller flies? thank you rich

Re: question for salty

Rich - you might try giving Alan Nute at AJs a holler too. From the threads over the last week I think they've tried both tandems and singles, but I too have questions about what flies and how to use them as I'd like to learn how to use these things in addition to hardware. - Eric H.

Re: Re: question for salty

Mostly single hooks, but I have used tandems. Lost a fish that took the tandem with him and caught the same fish on the other hook, and that single hook is still catching fish.

Salty

Re: Re: Re: question for salty

thanks Salty ..eric im going to pay ajs a visit when i get up there i wonder if he open monday i cant beleive that dragging a flie around catches fish but obviously it does all the recent reports have given me the confidence to give them a try

Re: Re: Re: Re: question for salty

Yeah, Salty's (and Alan's) success with these flies is intriguing. From all the different posts it looks like flies on lead for the first light / early light has been working best with hardware off 'riggers working better as the day progresses. Is that a fair assessment Salty? -Eric

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question for salty

When it's bright I change to hardware, but have been keeping a couple of flies on all day. (changing lures and flies often until getting a good color pattern) Believe me, I'm no expert. I just try to gleen anything I can from the experts out there.

Tight lines!
Salty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question for salty

hey rich,
enjoy your 2 weeks on the lake, CATCH ALOT OF FISH !!!

best of luck

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question for salty

thanks mike i cant wait its gonna be so cool to be able to walk out the front door get in the boat and go.i plan to fish at least 10 hrs a day so i hope to catch alot of fish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question for salty

good for you rich, when we went on vacation this summer it was so relaxing to just wake up, go out to the boat, start it and go. no hour and a half hauling the boat. best of luck

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: question for salty

Go get 'em Rich. I hope you find the mark using those flies. - Eric H.