Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Sat. fishing report "Hooked by Salmon"

the same thing happened to me last year had one hook of a treble buried to the curve in my thumb it was connected to a 3 inch rapala couldnt really slap a bandaid on and keep going so i braced it against some thing solid and had my dad yank it out it was sore but didnt do any additional damage.i dont know why but right after it was out we looked at each other and laughed or butts off.im laughing now just thinking about it.hope you heal up fast and thanks for reminding me of my incident...rich

Re: Re: Re: Sat. fishing report "Hooked by Salmon" lucky in a way

I was injured by a fishook myself! I had had a small treble for powerbait rigs in my soft tackle box it managed to stick out without me knowing, I was out in the middle bfe on an island at umbagog lake. I grabbed the bag at the exact spot the hook was and whammo a huge bolt of electricity feeling up and down my arm, I hit a nerve in my thumb. Fortunately when I reacted and yanked my hand back the hook came out. However, I did nerve damage my thumb was numb and tingly for 6 months.
wayne,

Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat. fishing report "Hooked by Salmon" lucky in a way

hey wayne i was at umbagog when i got hooked too great smallmouth fishing up there

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat. fishing report "Hooked by Salmon" lucky in a way

yeah it was good for the smallies! I got a fish on almost every cast.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Sat. fishing report "Hooked by Salmon" lucky in a way

Don't Feel bad Salty, As you know My buddy Roberts boat is only a 17' Citation Small compared to yours LOL when the wind died down we decided to troll up the broads heading towards Rattlesnake, Well needless to say as soon as we got to the broads the gosh darn wind picked up again and we were having a pain of a time trying to control the boat, As i was changing lures a Tsunami Wave hit the front of the boat and a wall of water came down on top of me soaking me to my draws UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh Finally got sick of fighting the wind decided to pick up and head over by the post office down by Bear Island and see if we could catch some down there As we were motoring over there Rope fell out of the boat and tangled around the prop Double UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh finally got that untangled both of us were Soaked and called it a Day, Didn''t want to push our luck LOL Ended up with 2 small lakers, and 4 huge white perch, Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North