Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Conway Lake Vacation Trip Report

OK, I am super late at posting this but here it goes.

Spent August 19-26 up there on the lake with the family. We all caught plenty fish and had even more fun. Very relaxing and enjoyable week with the fam. Boat traffic was not that bad and overall my 1st trip to Conway lake was a good one.

Kids caught everything from sunnys, to bass, to pickerel, to even some big rainbows. Just about everyday out we got 4-5 decent rainbows up to 21" long. Trolled 3-6 colors using various top gun colors and db smelts. Seems like I had to change the colors a lot but it worked. Even had a 20-year-old lure (I have no clue what it is but looks like a top gun only heavier) catch the biggest rainbow at 21".

Biggest rainbow was 21" on a mystery lure (white/pink/yellow with black dots).
Biggest largemouth was a 4lb 2oz (big black jitterbug at night)
Biggest smallmouth was about 3 pounds (watermelon seed spidergrub in 35 fow)
Best fish? every one that my son caught (oh ya the turtle too :)

Salmon count was zero and I tried everything. Trolled at various speeds, changed lures a lot, fish in all depths, etc. No salmon. I only can fit 6 colors on my reels so maybe I was not deep enough? The deepest spots were about 50 feet over the two holes in the middle. Marked lots of bait and did notice that most of the rainbows were more active on sunny days with trolling speeds above 2.5 mph.

Brian

Re: Conway Lake Vacation Trip Report

good job, sounds like you had alot of fun, thats what it is all about, not only fishing, but time w/ the family and memories that will last a life time.
those are some pretty nice rainbows

ilucas