Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam and Winni reports

Yes I do use scent on fly's as well as on spoons.. Not sure if it works, but makes me feel better to know it might mask any other scents, we seem to get plenty of bites too, so why not. I know some of the Pro's don't and they seem to do OK too, different roads.

Looking for a way to get it off after done for the day without putting another scent on that may be repulsive (soap, etc.) to the fish, any ideas anyone ?

I saw Jason at Paugus one day with his flys in a pan of water, not sure if it was hot water or not, it was obvious he was washing the fly's off, like a dummy I didn'task any questions. How about it Jason.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

john,
excellent report.
maybe a dumb ? but do you use scent on flies ?

ilucas

Re: Squam and Winni reports

Nice weekend, John. How long were your fly leaders on the core? Did you stay between Church Island and Deephaven or venture off to the Kent Island area?

Re: Re: Squam and Winni reports

Been fishing Kent Bay past 2 weeks, but made a few passes at the old haunts a few times, with no bites. Seems like allot of tell tale signs things are ahead of schedule this year from what I've seen and heard, the fish are slowly moving to pre-spawn areas.

Leaders are 8 feet 8# Fluro, with 50 feet 10# Fluro, 18# lead core.

No flashers, etc. been working great on both lakes past 2 or 3 weeks since we started tying them on again.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Nice weekend, John. How long were your fly leaders on the core? Did you stay between Church Island and Deephaven or venture off to the Kent Island area?