over 6 pounds when we netted her, but the scale don't lie, she's still a 5+
pounder.. Looking for a bigger one before the seasons over, running out of
time however.

"Joe Potzka-John Sampson-Dave Sampson"
A few of the Salmon caught on the Sampson Barge (Winni 9/03/2006) had a
great day, best day ever on Winni, not shown in photo was Craig Butler
(Slipknot) the 4th in our group that day. Rained all morning, pretty windy
and rough at times, but overall conditions were actually perfect for
fishing, the "barge" handled it fine and everyone was quite comfy.

Re: Belated pics

Those are some nice, fat salmon. Winni seems to have both the size and numbers. Congrats.

Great job, great pics!! Thank you Doc

Re: Re: Belated pics

Thanks for the flowers Doc, some people object to bragging, but myself I love to brag about fish caught, LOL.. And like you, some of people appreciate seeing a photo of a nice fish.

Thanks,

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Great job, great pics!! Thank you Doc

nice looking fish. gotta say that boats no barge, looks more like a luxery cruise vessel. very comfy looking

Re: Re: Belated pics

Thanks, It's a nice "barge", very comfy rain or shine and great to nap on when the fish don't bite, handles the rough stuff great. Doubles as a family pleasure boat, busy on the weekends, 1/2 day fishing 1/2 day pleasure boat with the family.. A little much to trailer when desired, but we're gettin used to it, no problems last weekend.

Some day I'd love to have a real fishing boat like a Grady, but this one will do just fine until then.

Popeye might have got a photo of it in fishing mode, I'll have to see how it came out. I took some of his boat Saturday but my photos came out HORRIBLE. Have no clue why, same camera as I use for the fish, looked like it was floating on snow ir ice ??????

John S.

PS: Big story on my allmost 6 pounder last week, it's coming out in the KTP news, I'm still vowing to get a 7 pounder too, LOL. (you know I'm kiddin I hope)

Re: Re: Re: Belated pics

"I've seen several larger than (7#) on the surface...of the moon!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Belated pics

There in there, both Lakes and maybe bigger, they don't get that way by just taking a bite at everything that is dragged by them. Gotta be in the right place at the right time I guess ?????

Maybe not in the cards this year, my extra fishin time for September just got got cut back, but maybe.

John S.

Replying to:

"I've seen several larger than (7#) on the surface...of the moon!"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belated pics

You've had a pretty good season John, anything else is gravy now right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belated pics

It's been a good ride, just wish not so many skunk days, but I guess like they say, "no pain, no gain".

A good Winni fix now and then sure takes the smell off of the skunks, that Lake is super hot right now, hope it last til the end ?? I allways depended on gettin an invite from a friend, but I can go now and then with my own barge.

We still have a few more weeks to go and September is when all the big boys are caught. I hope I can get in
allot of fishin time the next 3 weeks ???

John S.

Replying to:

You've had a pretty good season John, anything else is gravy now right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Belated pics

Comfortable is an understatement LOL and yes there are at least 7 pounder's in there I've witnessed it first hand and actually more then likely Donkeyed that "HUGE" Salmon at the beginning of the season, But hopefully I'll have another shot at him/her before the season ends LOL If not then He/She will be even Bigger next year LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Nice fish John!
-Brian