Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Wednesday fishing

What make gps is giving you trouble? Doc

Re: Wednesday fishing

Mine was reading below freezing on the surface Monday, at first it was like 58 then it kept going down until we looked for our Ice skates. Kept going, got well below freezing, guess the lake has turned, LOL. But it might be OK next time out, it went to 32 a few times earlier this year, but then was OK ?????

Did you get yours fixed yet as far as the temp goes ???? And now you have another problem, ugh.

Sucks to have so much trouble with them, but at least they stand behind everything.

After I bought a new GPS module last year I found out they will send you one and let you send the old one back afterwards, grrrrrrr.

Give em a call ASAP, don't wait til Monday, too busy a day there.

Have a fun day tomorrow, wish I could make it,

John S.

Re: Re: Wednesday fishing

332C. GPS not responding. Soft reboot did not help this time. Called lowrance and they want me to see how much voltage is getting to the antenna. They sent me all the details via e-mail, but sent it as a word document. I don't have word. Hoping they will respond in a way I can print it. Gray ghost is bringing his volt meter with him tomorrow. As far as the temp goes John, you will need a new speed temp sensor. (If you have one) They sent me a new one. It plugs into the tranducer, but I haven't wired it yet.) (But that was the problem. When I plugged it in it showed the air temp, so that was the problem.)

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Wednesday fishing

I have the lms-337 cdf and have had some trouble with my gps not responding also last time I turned the unit off and reconnected all the plugs back into the unit and it worked fine, good thing because we were out 35 miles on the ocean . maybe you plug has become worn out . "reel it in "

Re: Re: Re: Re: Wednesday fishing

Salty - this does sound like a voltage issue if you recall our e-mails earlier this summer. Send me the Word doc here at work (see e-mail) and I'll cut and paste the text in an e-mail to you. At least that way you could read and print it.

I recall you having battery voltage issues earlier. These units are so sensitive to that. Did you get a new battery or check your alternator? With the soft reboot not working, you're faced with considering the hard reboot (save all your waypoints to a MMC card first) or other tinkering. I'd see if there is a fuse / breaker associated with the module (trace its power cable) and see if it blew / tripped.

Eric Hince