Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Bulletin

Thank you for the tip John. aaaarrrrgggghhhh I will be fishing this weekend, leaving Friday for N.H. Doc

Re: Bulletin

I have heard from a very reliable source, the most reliable source actually. That the bass boats on tournament days at Ames Farm have to give way to anyone else using the ramp. If you pull into Ames Farm just go right to the front of the line and you will be allowed in. They are not allowed to hold others from using the ramp. Obviously don't be a jerk to others but as i have been told they all know about the rule. This rule is for putting in in the morning and taking out in the afternoon, just motor up to the dock and cut in. I don't believe that all the tournaments are 114 boats so i am sure it will be congested but you won't have to wait in line for 100 other boats to go. Becuse this is such a huge tournament you probably want to pick another launch or at least go early like 4:30 and pull out before 1pm and be sure not to park where you will be blocked in.

Re: Re: Bulletin

I was there... I can verify that what Adrien says is true. These guys must give way if you want/need to use the ramp. Sounds crazy... but its a rule they all have agreed to follow.

Re: Re: Bulletin

Me and Robert got their a little late the day we followed the Barge around even though there was around 50-60 Bass boats there they let us go right by them and they were actually very pleasant to us Just thought i would throw that in there Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Bulletin

My son is sort of an officer with Mass Bass, he's the one that advised me about the 114 boats and Ames Farm, etc. I'll have to ask him about what you guys are talking about, he didn't mention it.

The weigh in is at Gilford beach (by Silver Sands) so there will not be a mad dash to Ames to weigh in, but they will come over there after the weigh in and all boats wil come out the first night and of course back in the morning..

My son says it's nothing to put 50 boats in the water in an hour. S---, took allmost that long to get mine out the first time at Ames, LOL.

Just talked with John Jr. he's not aware of any "rule" but says there very well might be a special rule for Winni.

However, it's allways been a policy with Mass Bass to be good neighbors and wave regular boaters to the front of the line, in and out. Same as they do not schedule anything when the Winni Derby is running, etc.

Soooooooo, I guess yoiucan launch wherever you please, myself I think it's a good place to stay away from. Boy, he's going to need a cop to guard the mail box.

Johh S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Bulletin

While I don't think there is any rule as specific as that in NH, check this out (look at #2):
http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/tournament_bass_guidelines.htm

I fished many many bass Ts. That rule you mentioned was one of etiquette from NH Bass federation / Bubbabassin. Others may follow it as well that have larger tournaments. These are good people with respect for all on the water. I can vouch for that as I used to assist with launching / loading of many boats and we would allow non-T boats to skip ahead as they arrived (in and out).

I'm not sure if mass bass does this as well but they are not bad people either so I'm sure asking the tournament director may not hurt and I'll bet they will oblige.

Just for the record there are another 15 boats going out of silver sands those same days.

http://www.wildlife.state.nh.us/Fishing/fish_tournament_table.htm

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Bulletin

The rule we mentioned was an Ames Farm rule... not bass federation rules.