Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
RFP's fishing report

Cal Schroeder (White Cap) and Hugh Crawford (Crawfish) fished with me in the Fall outing of the RFP's. I'll give the report for our boat and hope the others will put in a report also. We boated 10 lakers and only 3 salmon. I guess they changed my name to LDR as I had about 5 of them. So we should have had more fish. Hugh caught the largest fish. A 24" laker. Cal untangled the most clusters, and we got some great pics of him kissing a laker that got wrapped in 3 different lines.
Hal Lyon was kind enough to lend us his place on Bear Island, where we had a great cookout. (Thanks Hal)

A great day was had by all!

Salty

Re: RFP's fishing report

Sounds fun... so where's the pics?? At least they didn't make you sit in the bow today...LOL

Re: Re: RFP's fishing report

Oh yes he sat in the DONKEY seat on the bow.And it was 6 LDR's.
Cal

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Sounds fun... so where's the pics?? At least they didn't make you sit in the bow today...LOL

It was a fun time and lots of fun to spend fishing time with Salty and White Cap. Thank you so much.

Yes it was a fun day with the RFP's--not to mention the delicous hermits that Mrs. Salty (Peggy C.) made for us. Even had another tonight after supper.
I also want to thank Hal "Ardvark" Lyon for use of his camp on Bear Island for our bar-b-que.
Cal

Re: Re: Re: RFP's fishing report

Had a great time with you guys.---Thanks, Hal for the
use of your place.

ken g

Jack (Bluefin) and I landed 4 lakers and 6 salmon, one 3 lb and one 4 lb salmon. Ran a fly program for the early morning on lead core and DRs, red and yellow flies dominated. Afternoon lead core still dominated with blue/green TGs and silver/blue Mooselook. Lead core, 6 colors in the AM and 8 to 9 colors in the PM. Gave Salty a run for the title of being the top LDR for the day, it is hard to surpass a pro. Thanks to Hal for the loan of his place for the BBQ. Nice to meet new RFDers, John Harrington and Hugh Crawford.

Who has the picture of Cal kissing a Laker. Did the film get destroyed before publication or was the file edited out?

The lead core has been really NOT, is it allways like that or is it spring and fall only ??? How's that for a Rookie question.

Sounds like everyone had a good time, wish I could have gone, next time I hope.

John S.