Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

i did some research and found out the etec is a great set up no smoke ,no belts or timming adjustments,no oil changes ,and evinrude has a three year warranty .

i like the new fishlander electric downriggers. they are essentially big jons with extra features, lighted line counter, swivel base, circuit breaker and really nice adjustable rod holders come standard. they are made by an ex employee of big jon. big jon i believe was sold, so i dont know how the support will be, i do know replacement parts are expensive now. i have the larger 4 foot model set up so that the ball can be dropped just behind the transom and rotated out to the side for fishing, and forward to get it farther out of the way when a fish is on to avoid tangles. i like the old downeast rod holders for dropping leadcore straight back off the transome and have small manual big jons for the transom in the back. everything is easy to remove as i change my setups as the seasons change. i have a planer board reel setup on the bow rail as i dont have the walk thru capability for a mast, and have the planer board rods with the snap in gimbal style handles, i used to just use the regular handles but i had the planer line come around once and catch an eye on the rod which sent the rod overboard. with the gimbal on the rod locked in, i can keep the eyes from catching the planer board line

Re: Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

E-TEC all the way!

I have a 17.5' prince craft great all around size, a little better to get into, than a 19' when theres no dock. 75 hp e-tech should be good. In my opinion most sales people push for more hp than you need. My 70 hp will do 30 mph thats enough. Big Jon! have fun w-fat

VHF antenna - 8 foot Shakespeare, fiberglass - there is no substitute!

Re: Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

Thanks for all the input guys, appreciate it!

Re: Re: Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

trying my new etec out tomorrow not sure winni or ocean will report back on the etec.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

Good luck and good fishing Jeff!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

thanks i will probably messing with my boat more than fishing but im all packed rods and all so well see what happens?the lines will probably get wet . putting in at the libby museum in the am not too early gf is going.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

GF, that's a good one for our Abbrevation Glossary, but it could be a bad one for fishin results, "First Bite is First Light". Some days the good early bite is over real early, perhaps while the GF is still between the sheets. Break her in right, she might listen to you now and get up for first light, give her the "beautifull sunrise" thing. Once they have the ole wedding ring, they are hard to get up for fishinh. Of course there ar exceptions like Lena and a few other women fisherman or or is it fisherwomen ?

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Advice/Opinions PLEASE

yeah I know when i get set up she will be up early !hopefully if its ok with her of course!