Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Question for Popeye

Popeye - was checking out the pic of your boat on the "showboats" board (great suggestion iLucas) -- is that a big whip antenna there on the starboard side mounted just ahead of your console? If so how big is the antenna and how is that arrangement working out for you? I still have not mounted my antenna and the best location would be similar to yours...Thanks.

Eric H.

Re: Question for Popeye

That is an 8 footer, right in back of my lowrance cone. It works fine for me. I get a little noise sometimes with my fishfinder, but very marginal.

Popeye

Re: Re: Question for Popeye

(got to get me a nickname too) - Popeye - is the interfence showing up on the sonar display or do you get noise on the VHF (when transmitting or receiving)....Eric

Re: Re: Re: Question for Popeye

I was a crypto tech/radioman on Carrier back in the 70's and had that for my handle....
On my sonar....A line everyonce in awhile while transmitting.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Question for Popeye

Popeye - its a great handle. I'm an ex-Navy (Annapolis) guy too, a little rusty...I never got a nickname, I just got into a lot of trouble...(I was a dumb kid).

I was warned about that noise issue by Shakespeare and I'm rethinking my deployment...My radio would be "shielded" -- surrounded on all but one side by aluminum plate -- so I wonder if this "farraday cage" would or would not minimize interference.