Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Lowrance IFinder H20

John - thats good news that Navionics will add Squam. See...you made enough noise!

Re: Re: Re: Lowrance IFinder H20

That is great news about Squam being added to the list of lakes. Hopefully they do a HD survey of Squam too.

The plan right now is to come out next September. I'm already looking forward to it. We need to get together John for some fishing and dinner one of the nights we are in town. I'll e-mail you when we make definite plans. Thanks again for all the help this past year!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lowrance IFinder H20

My pleasure, if I can be of any help, just shout.

Trav's dad Bob as you can see is a realtor, maybe he can get you and you dad a good deal on a place, some come with boats. Contact him now so he will have a whole year to line something up fer ya.

John S.

Re: Lowrance IFinder H20

I have this one and love it. I use it on my boat and will also be taking it ice fishing with me.

It is great for guaging your speed and as a reference. However, it does not really replace a map, rather it compliments them.

I don't have the HotMaps yet but do have the MapCreate software. I may get the HotMaps this year. I told John S I would hold out doing business with them until they get the Squam map published. :)

If you are mounting this on your boat and won't be using it as a portable then I would consider spending the extra and getting a full sized one. The screen is big enough to make out what you are doing but if you were going to be using it at any heavy frequency the zooming in and out may get annoying.

Brian

Re: Re: Lowrance IFinder H20

If your thinking about getting an I finder H2O C as your only gps better get a good magnifying glass.I've got one and the map card as a backup can hardly see the features,I know,my eyes aren't what they used to be.I'm glad it's only my backup.If it's your only unit go with the full size screen,at least a combo unit.

Re: Re: Re: Lowrance IFinder H20

Just using it as a portable unit. Thanks for the tips though.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Lowrance IFinder H20

Its an excellent portable unit for the quality vs. money...I use it in the car too and while you need to zoom in / out as needed I don't find that to be a problem.