(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Squam and Winni reports

Just a quick report.

Winni Saturday: with Popeye on his boat, 4 lines:
Got all the lines in right on time, 2 lead core for me, 2 riggers for Popeye, all had fly's on. Had to wait a bit, maybe 15 minuets and the the rods started popping.

Riggers had the hole shot and were 2 to 1 all the way today, soon I went for 1 rigger and 1 lead around 10:00, at the end of the day it was riggers 1st, lead core 2nd, by 10:00 we switched to all spoons from all fly's earlier.

Tally was 12 fish:
2 Salmon, 1 about 3# (not official) and 1 short, not a great day for the Salmon, same on most boats we talked to..
9 Lakers: all keepers, biggest Laker about 5# (not official) mine, last fish of the day, 12:00.
1 Rainbow #3 (not official) a beautifull fish for Popeye, wish it was mine, yummyyyyy..

The Lake definatley cooled off with the "Full Moon" but we had allot of laughs, fast action at the start and very slow finish. We had never fished togteher before, in the same boat that is, will do it again, next time my boat.

Thanks for everything Popeye, riggers set up your way was the ticket today, fly's or spoons..no matter. 36 to 52 on Riggers, 6 to 7 solors on lead core

Squam Sunday: (2 lines)
2 lines in the water by 6;30, 2 lead core w/fly's 6:40 3lb/15 ounce Salmon, 1 pounce shy of a 4 pounder
CWC (Cool Water Cruiser) Fly, 6 colors.

6:45 Short.

Then nothing till about 10:00, a few LDR's follwed by a few more shorts, then nothing. Called the teacher, Travis, he told me to switch to Orange/Gold and/or Yellow/Orange spoons, picked up 3 more shorts. Why did I listen to him, he only got shorts too, LOL. But he was straight with me, he said "this is what I just did, but we aint doin anything iether"

Best fly, both Lakes was Cool Water Cruiser (AJ's)
Best Spoons, varied, best colors were Pink, Orange, Yellow, variations of all 3. Popeye wore a CWC fly out, it was a mess by the end of the day.

That's all folks.

Gound back to work for a week to rest up for next weekend.

John S.

Re: Squam and Winni reports

And no complaints let alone mention of the infamous tangle! Thats the way it should be. Nice report John.