Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boat name? help

The only lesson learned was riggers were on, lead was off, and I have to go to counciling and learn how to get along!!!!!

Actually Captian, He has taught me lots and lots of stuff....but when it comes to the boat I was "self taught" from years of being single and getting out of work at 0400 AM for 11 years!!!!
Next trip your showing me the blades, since I showed you the "flasher". I should have brought my others, but thought you would be into the lead all day.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boat name? help

Popeye,

The "lead was dead", or near dead Saturday.

Not sure the blades are the way to go this time of year as all my action lately is off the lead core. I set my spoons up just after the blades and lately the only thing that bites them are the dumb shorts. Might have to re-think my blade use as the season go on. There is a discussion elsewhere on the board that is making me wonder about how to fish with riggers this time of year and actualy esrlier summer months.

Sunday I set one back 50' behind the blades and got more bites, even from the dummy shorts, lead core died Sunday when the big fish stopped biting.

I'm begining to think smaller Lakers bite like the shorts, anything that moves, the big boys are a different story.

I'm slowly learning my way around this game and probably will allways be looking and learning, but fishing with guys like you and a few other Winni pro's now and then saves me a few years.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boat name? help

By the way I don't think you need any conseling, s--t happens, seems like everyone's cool now on that note.

I got yelled at Sunday for cutting a guy off and I don't remember being closer than 100 yards to him. I was close (not watching where I was going putting a line out) when he talked to me and that's when he told me I had allready cut him off earlier. I apologized anyhow and he said no problem, end of story. But I don't honestly remember cutting him off, let's face it nobody does it on purpose and with all the lead core out it's hard to stay away from each others lines.

So when do you want to fish and where ??? As you know my truck is downnnnnnnnnnnnnn this week, "new aint allways good", I can't believe the motor is gone, 14,000 miles, at least it didn't happen on my way home. Do you believe that, when they were testing the injector they filled a cylinder and bent a connecting rod, could have happend to me on 93, guess I got lucky.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boat name? help

Are You Kidding???????? That sweet nice new Ford of yours has a Kaputt motor??????? Should of bought a Chevy LOL Just kidding I love that truck!!!!!!!! How long is it gonna take them to replace it????????? Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: boat name? help

They say 3 or 4 days, but who knows ???????? Looks like the Barge will be kept at the home port for a while. Not a bad place to be stuck I suppose, looks like Winni is in a slump too. I did catch one nice one in Sunday, allmost 4 pounds followed by a few runts.

John S.