Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

cwc is a matty gun with the back side painted orange. the front is a color that changes from green to purple as you rotate it in the sun. go with the purple as a handpainted one i had worked just as well. dont know about the rangely

Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

The CWC DB is Purple front/orange back, nothing fancy, but works super, not sure if DB makes hem or if guys do up thier own like I did, but I think Jason at Paugus sells them, he showed me some once... the Fly is same basic colors sold at AJ's, super fly, single, tandems, big, small, whatever..

Rangley is more or less Pink and Silver top, not sure what the bottom is as my tackle box is not here.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

Any dots (black?) on either the CWC or Rangley? On AJs lure pics looks like no dots on the front of the Matty gun...

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

no dots.

Salty

Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

Eric,
The cruiser is a purple computer chip paint that changes to greenish and copper when tilted with a orange belly.The rangley is half silver front with a pink other half with black slanted lines in the pink and a copper belly.The black lines are like a tiger print.

Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

Thanks Bethany. So many new colors -- time to update your site? I need to touch base and get a slew of flies...I'll be calling in to the shop soon.

-Eric

Re: Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

If you look at AJ's topgun color selection on his website, is the Rangley the same as #26 Purple/Silver tape with copper back? (The purple is actually pink by my eyes when you see it in person.) If so this has been a great lure for me for a few years.

Re: Re: Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

No it's # 34 I call it the silver pink tiger,it was renamed when it was hot on Rangley.It was an original color of the Moosalamoo shoe horn co.and it's tape not paint both the silver and the pink.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

Bethany:

Let me see if I got this straight: pink / silver tape on one side, copper on the other?

Eric H.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

Yes the spoon is copper on belly not tape the front has 1/2 silver tape, and the other 1/2 is pink tape that has black slanted lines in it no paint whatsoever.The copper is the material of the spoon so it's bare back,no tape or paint on belly..The cool water in Dbs is all tape all his spoons are all tape. The topgun version is a special paint we worked with the company to come up with[computer chips]we mixed several colors to get this purple,not a stock paint.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" and "Rangley Special" lure colors

Thanks Bethany, I think I got it. I'll be in touch soon to order some flies...

-Eric

"Cool Water Cruiser" Paint

I picked up a couple topgun coolwater cruisers tha worked well but the paint has not held up particullary the orange on the back. Anyone else have that problem?

Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" Paint

i was looking over my lures last week and the topguns and db's are holding up good as well as some fishlander spoons. the ones that i noticed flaking were the ole petes that have the gold finish. my favorite monkey puke is all flaked and the bluberry muffin has some hemo damage. thankfully those are pretty cheap lures

Re: Re: "Cool Water Cruiser" Paint

buy some orange tape at aj's and stick it on the back that's what I do. "reel it in"