Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Ontario trip Sept. 7,8,9

I had similar results out there over the weekend. Hooked up with 2 locals out there. "Home Office" took me on friday afternoon late and Sat. AM before the rain and strong winds. We battled both days in front of the big Salmon river and north. Very slow pickings for most. We had 1 on but lost it. It was on 100' of copper with a bloody nose j plug. Had hardwear failure and lost the fish. On Sunday I hooked up with "Great Lakes Minnow", a 28 ft. Baha. He did real well out deep on Sat. with 6 fish for 2 people. Mix of Kings, Coho and Steelhead. We headed out in the 3-4 foot waves and set up in 350 ft. Took a while but we found the fish deeper out to about 430'. We also got the same results. I took a nice male king at 25#, a 9-10# coho, 8-9# steelhead. We ended up with 5 fish for the day. Just needed a brown and I would have had a mini Lake O slam. Can't wait to get out there again.

Re: Re: Ontario trip Sept. 7,8,9

Nice trip Jim/Brad.......I love it out in the deep stuff. makes for a long run in my boat when the weather changes.
Hey Jim, a no s---, but way back in the early 80s we had a 15 pounder jump in my yellow boat running the shore line like you were doing. It is amazing those fish can get so much air.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Ontario trip Sept. 7,8,9

Should this situation arise again with the water temp. Got some very good info on fishing them at night with the glow stuff flat lining in 5 to 20 feet of water. Several guy's I talked to were catching double digits from 8 PM to 4 AM. Would have to rig the boat up to fish in the dark though. Hard part would be telling which drag was screaming.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Nice trip Jim/Brad.......I love it out in the deep stuff. makes for a long run in my boat when the weather changes.
Hey Jim, a no s---, but way back in the early 80s we had a 15 pounder jump in my yellow boat running the shore line like you were doing. It is amazing those fish can get so much air.

Popeye

Nemesis I didn't know you were from this neck of the woods.Glad to see you made it out this year to lake Ontario It's great to know that there are people out there willing to take some one fishing that they don't even know.That's a great site for the great lake fishing.They have had a strang year out there this year compared to last year.I think I'm going to try to get out to the bar area next year but who know that's a long time from now.I'm hopeing to get up to Winni.a couple more time this year.where do you fish out of?I fish out of center habor and meredith down the street from AJ's store.Boats mane is ELI a green Lund I'm not sure what channels they run up there so I stay on 16.Talk to you later.

Erin

Sounds like fun trip , Brad. Good to hear you are feeling better.

Re: Re: Re: Ontario trip Sept. 7,8,9

Feeling great now that I have a few fish under my belt. That 25# chinook came on a 400' copper rig. That took a while to bring in. The steel gave quite the show. Kind of like one of our landlocks but quite a bit bigger. The meat from the coho looked great too. Deeper orangeish color. Gave it to some friends to eat. Gave the rest of the meat away at work and made a ton of people happy.
I too am wanting to fish the Bar in the spring. I keep hearing how great it is. I will have to mooch a ride from the Great Lakes Minnow again. He starts the season out there and slowly moves his boat back east as the salmon move east. Must be nice!!!

Tight lines to all.

Brad