Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: which fishfinder

i have a cheap hummingbird, and one of the early gps without mapping. just use the gps as a speed indicator because the hummingbird is unreliable for speed. both are very basic units. dont really know how much mapping capability would help, unlike winni, sebago is a big bowl with uniform ledges around the perimeter and a big hump in the middle. most of it is sandy and you can drag a ball on the botttom for a long time without hanging up which seems to be a good thing for catching lakers if you want to. i do have a need for a second finder on the back of the boat as i cant see the one in the front with people standing in the way. dont want al the frills, but do want the better detail, so color looks like the way to go. will look for a unit with the transducer you recommend. no mapping capability, no cell phone, and not even a microwave, i wonder how many consider those things just frills

Re: Re: Re: Re: which fishfinder

Fishless - do you have running water (LOL)

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which fishfinder

you have to have priorities, who needs running water when there is guinness on tap. its almost that time of year to get the makeshift kegerator flowing
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: which fishfinder

My favorite beer on tap! Can you take it on the boat?