Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visiting Winni next week....

Hi I'm from california which is catfish season & I've never been to the east. I'll be visiting winni for about a week on Bear island i think. I'm not sure what's in the lake this time of year but i've heard a lot about the salmon. Can anybody give me some tips as far as where I should go from my location, what kind of rigs I should use on the lake. Anything would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Visiting Winni next week....

if it was me, what i would do is contact one of the guide services on this site, charter a trip, then use what you learn with them the rest of your stay.
they know the lake and how to fish it.
Aj's bait and tackle in merrideth is also a great starting point, they have everything that you would need and they will point you in the right direction. then just keep checking in here.
just my 2 cents

ilucas

Re: Visiting Winni next week....

i would try hiring a guide for the first day or so for the salmon, you will learn an aweful lot about loacations depths techniques etc. and it will make the rest of the week better. if your fishing from shore bring some bass stuff as well. best to try and find a guide before you get there as well

Re: Re: Visiting Winni next week....

Fishlessman has got a good point that would be your best bet and the guides are "Awesome" at helping people out!!!!!!!!! Hey Fishlessman You fishing this weekend???????? Looks like my buddy Rob wants to head back down to Sebago on Sunday Talk Soon, Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Visiting Winni next week....

hopefully every weekend til closing, so little time to fish left.