Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
thermocline ?

the weather is cooling down im wondering if the fish are moving up .i dont have the technology to check any thing but surface temp.ive been marking more fish in the 20 to 30' range im assuming they are bass till i hear a recent temp check.thanks to whoever can answer this question.

Re: thermocline ?

i dont have the temp probes except for the surface, but ive been seeing the new smelt YOY's up on shoals that are only 10-15 feet depth and marking them in open water down 10 to 30 feet in huge bands on sebago. if the feeds on top the salmon will get there.last weekend a seen some salmon gorging smelt on the surface, it was real early, but they were charging fish on top and the surface temp was 67 degrees

Re: Re: thermocline ?

i tried up higher today for about 1 hr with no luck still seeing lots of fish in the 20 30 ft range.when i use my 14lb test leadcore i put out 8 colors which according to yoadrien sinks about 3 feet per color instead of the five the factory claims.today i hit an unexpected area of 30-35 ft water i waited for the snags they never happened so no surprise yoadriens 3 foot estimate is probably right .ive been catching some nice salmon on the leadcore with flies so they are hitting in about 24-25 feet.ive seen the surface feeding on winni also thanks for the info