Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Black Point.

I would love to respond to this question as I have my own thoughts on the question, but don't really feel qualified and don't want to lead anyone astray.

I'll wait for some replies fom those "in the know" and perhaps then give my opinion.

Interesting question Joe.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I'll be at Black Point tomorrow at 5am.(16.5 Sea Nymph 15 Johnson) I tied some very small Red and Whites, red and white Maribous, Joe's smelt, and my own concoction of an imitated white perch.(All 1-1.5 inches) My question is this: With the fish moving up from 40-50- to 20-30 like I have read, are people going to get away from the orange patterns and start using more red colors, or am I wasting my time with the red stuff. Thanks in advance Joe G

Re: Re: Black Point.

Not qualified? With all those big salmon you catch? Don't be so humble. I'll take my chances.

red & white has alwayys been some of my best colars so I would say you cant go wrong trying I tie some different flies some times and every now and then you get lucky and find a hot pattern
by the way have you fished ossippee lately i was going to give it a try this weekend did not know how it has been

I trolled around for a few hours two weeks ago. Couldn't catch a cold with flies and suttons. Switched to white/red dot mooselook and got a few bows and a small salmon. One of the bows was in the 16-17 inch range. I'll be trolling in front of the Bearcamp tonight I hope around 7pm. I'm leaving Boston at 3pm. Sea Nymph 15 johnson

Wednesday the green fly took the majority of fish, those that were landed and those that fall in the category of LDR. It was fished along the red Salty Fly. The Salty Fly took 2 salmon. In August the orange and silver ghost flies was fished along the Saltys Fly, they also did good. If I was going to fish Black Point, I would fish all four flies on or around 6 color of lead core. Priorities would be red, green, orange and silver ghost.
The bite on Wednesday was fast and furious and short, from about 6 to 6:45, but thing change day to day. So, you need to have your game plan set prior to launching.
Also the surface water temperature was 64 and that held to 35 ft. I did not measure temperature below that depth.

Some of the flies recipes are on my website Website

Salty’s Fly

MG Green

Fatal Attractor Orange

Silver Ghost

Gus, You never cease to impress me! You didn't tell me you had your own web site!

Salty

Joe,

E mail me in private please, I'll be home all evening.

John S.

Jim, I got your E-mail but, there was no return E-mail address. Send me another E-mail and I’ll answer you question

Re: Re: Re: Black Point.

this is my e-mail