Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Squam report or story.

hey john, I want to thank you for a good day saturday I had fun,meeting you and your friend Harry. If I had feelings though you might have hurt them (saying I look old HAH)Not!!! But seriously I am glad to know where my shade are I thought I lost them. I promise next time I will read my e-mail a little earlier. I look forward to the next time. maybe we can take my boat if you want. let me know. Oh incedently the way you have you riggers set up you really would appreciate the reohmer releases, no bendind on your boat, mine yes, but they still work the balls.

Re: Re: Squam report or story.

John use Rohemer release LMAO he make Craig take them off when we go on his boat LMAO Now that was funny LOL Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North P.S. So how did ya like the Luxury Liner of Squam Forry????????

Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

all you need is a heater and I could live on that baby. I just wish since your moving forward, the back could be accessible maybe I wouldn't have lost Popeyes 7 pounder in the prop wash LOL. But he really has it set up in a great way. Oh the only thing he needs on the luxury liner is a pretty waitress to serve the drinks while we are waiting for the fish to bite.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Pretty sure there is a heater on board... as far as the pretty girls, you'll have to follow "Roof Rafta" around for that. LOL

Johns boat is the best of both worlds isn't it??? Very comfy and surprisingly easy to fish from. (At first sight it seems it may be hard as everything is located different from most boats... but it really is a sweet setup.) We did land one nice salmon off the back of the boat a couple Sundays ago. It was hooked into a leadcore from the other side and we couldn't maneuver it up the side. Good thing the back curtain was up... and the net had a looong handle. So we can say the back isn't totally "unfishable". Right?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Out of curiousity was that before or after you lost the net?????????? LMAO Did you bang the big bruin yet??? Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Thanks for the reminder... that was the next weekend, we used the "loaner net" from Matty. Nice, light net. I believe it was Johns son David that was reeling in the fish while I netted out the back. David also made a nice save off the back of the boat (of other sorts) that day. Don't ask... just know I wasn't involved this time...LOL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

You all got to love having fun like that. i missed out...next time.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

That's what it's all about, good company and good fun.

John S.

Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Must be Trav's cheap camera, made the fish look bigger and you look older, LOL.

I thought the glasses were a gift, oh well. You have to come back on my boat to get em.

It was a fun day and great weather. Look like even winni has slowed a bit the past week, actually since Labor Day.

New Moon coming up, if we get a little s----y weather, with the new noon, should be great fishing he rest of the season.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Don't forget about the last full moon in august, the fish were practically jumping in the boat.
Moon plays a factor of good or bad some times of the year and not others.
New moon is good but catches for many have been low the last 2 weeks i don't think the moon is doing it for 2 weeks. Maybe for a few days after but not a whole half cycle we are already at 14% waning crescent should be well out of the doldrums by now and fishing for many remains tough.
Don't keep all your pigeions in 1 coop.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Well YO, I agree, in my few years watching I've noticed that not all new Moons turn the fish on, but why did the new moon in August turn them on like it did, what made the big difference ???? Maybe it wasn't the new moon at all but boy did they have the feed bag on ????? All I can say I'm **** happy I was on Winni for the last weekend in August and the first weekend in September. Looking at my calendar, I think it was about 2 weeks that they were "really turned on". However, not so on Squam the same time period, I fished both Lakes allot those two weeks, so maybe it was something else combined with the new moon, but then again Squam never has fast action...

Do you think it could have had something to do with the YOY Perch being at the right comfort zone (temp/depth, etc.) to make them go nuts, kinda like us if Lobster was on sale for 2.99 a pound, can't get enough. They were absolutlety loaded with YOY perch, I mean stuffed, thier stomachs were bulging..

Let's hope this new moon and maybe a bad weather front combined, it will be good for all. As the next new moon (October) I'll be racing my pigeons, to two coops and you'll be picking apples, etc.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Don't forget about the last full moon in august, the fish were practically jumping in the boat.
Moon plays a factor of good or bad some times of the year and not others.
New moon is good but catches for many have been low the last 2 weeks i don't think the moon is doing it for 2 weeks. Maybe for a few days after but not a whole half cycle we are already at 14% waning crescent should be well out of the doldrums by now and fishing for many remains tough.
Don't keep all your pigeions in 1 coop.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Sure, work me all up......Maybe I'll take Friday off and do a little fishin' and show you what a 7#er looks like!!!!!......

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Please do, I can't get one. We had to bust em a little, I expected a call back and we would have came clean. Nothing like a little suspense now and then.

John S.