Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

That's what it's all about, good company and good fun.

John S.

Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Must be Trav's cheap camera, made the fish look bigger and you look older, LOL.

I thought the glasses were a gift, oh well. You have to come back on my boat to get em.

It was a fun day and great weather. Look like even winni has slowed a bit the past week, actually since Labor Day.

New Moon coming up, if we get a little s----y weather, with the new noon, should be great fishing he rest of the season.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Don't forget about the last full moon in august, the fish were practically jumping in the boat.
Moon plays a factor of good or bad some times of the year and not others.
New moon is good but catches for many have been low the last 2 weeks i don't think the moon is doing it for 2 weeks. Maybe for a few days after but not a whole half cycle we are already at 14% waning crescent should be well out of the doldrums by now and fishing for many remains tough.
Don't keep all your pigeions in 1 coop.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Well YO, I agree, in my few years watching I've noticed that not all new Moons turn the fish on, but why did the new moon in August turn them on like it did, what made the big difference ???? Maybe it wasn't the new moon at all but boy did they have the feed bag on ????? All I can say I'm **** happy I was on Winni for the last weekend in August and the first weekend in September. Looking at my calendar, I think it was about 2 weeks that they were "really turned on". However, not so on Squam the same time period, I fished both Lakes allot those two weeks, so maybe it was something else combined with the new moon, but then again Squam never has fast action...

Do you think it could have had something to do with the YOY Perch being at the right comfort zone (temp/depth, etc.) to make them go nuts, kinda like us if Lobster was on sale for 2.99 a pound, can't get enough. They were absolutlety loaded with YOY perch, I mean stuffed, thier stomachs were bulging..

Let's hope this new moon and maybe a bad weather front combined, it will be good for all. As the next new moon (October) I'll be racing my pigeons, to two coops and you'll be picking apples, etc.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Don't forget about the last full moon in august, the fish were practically jumping in the boat.
Moon plays a factor of good or bad some times of the year and not others.
New moon is good but catches for many have been low the last 2 weeks i don't think the moon is doing it for 2 weeks. Maybe for a few days after but not a whole half cycle we are already at 14% waning crescent should be well out of the doldrums by now and fishing for many remains tough.
Don't keep all your pigeions in 1 coop.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Sure, work me all up......Maybe I'll take Friday off and do a little fishin' and show you what a 7#er looks like!!!!!......

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report or story.

Please do, I can't get one. We had to bust em a little, I expected a call back and we would have came clean. Nothing like a little suspense now and then.

John S.