Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Popeye's Wall of Fame

Nice set up!!

Charlie

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Popeye's Wall of Fame

Its really neat at night when my bride has the candles going, they look like they are moving!!
Thanks for the cudos....When I built my house in 90 I made the T&G wall for a few mounts I figured I would put up, its been growing ever since.

Its the 200+ wall, with 1 exception. The 9 pointer (1 eye) only weighed 194, but I had pulled a Ryan Bonner and got a really good pic of him on a Friday morning at 710 and was ugly I had not sat in the stand where the camera was. But on that Sunday night, 17 does came out with him on thier butts and that was the end of that.
There are 11 more 8s/2 7's in the cellar that did not make 200, but most are/were worthy of mounting....but did not make the 200lb cut.

Capt. Sampson,
If you notice a LLS is missing from the wall....still looking for that 7lber.....and if your real nice someday I'll let you sit in my easy chair and gaze....................LOL!!!
Also get it right...Not a bambi killer but a bambi's daddy killer.

Joe,
My wife says it makes her feel weird, she thinks they all look at her.
Mounts were done by Gary Sterns in Clarmont NH. The 2 biggest racks (155/159) came from Idaho, and were mounted out there by a friend. The biggest was 3rd in the state in 88 and was mounted for free.

Thanks again and enjoy.

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Popeye's Wall of Fame

Yes, Gary Sterns does do great work. I graduated with him from good old Windsor High(Vt.)
Now I can show my wife how I want our extra room done!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Popeye's Wall of Fame

What year? I played alot of ball in Windsor....

Popeye

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Popeye's Wall of Fame

Okay, so you are going to make me tell the world how old I am....We graduated in 1971! I played on the only undefeated untied Windsor Football team.
I also played alot of softball in Windsor and Claremont. Some years both leagues and played for the Legion in the Windsor league. So between that and fishing and hunting you know my wife has put up with alot....and now I showed her your trophy room and told her I wanted one! My luck may have run out(:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Popeye's Wall of Fame

Gee that was the year i was born LOL Just Teasing ya Bob LOL So did ya check out any of those spots i told ya about????/ Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up NOrth

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Popeye's Wall of Fame

I graduated from Leb in 75, played ball with Phi Harrington/the Ruggs/Napsys/Ewalds/Spencers/Gary Hurlburt....
Do you still live up here?

Popeye