Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

Looks fun and rewarding to say the least. looks like good fun, good fish, good friends to fish with.

Charlie

Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

Your killin' me with those pics!!!! Makes a 5# salmon look like bait! What a day that must have been.

Salty

So when I come to get my apples are we going to have tuna sandwiches?
Nice fish.....That must be a scream to have them take off.......Got to love that sound!!!!!

Popeye

what a great day, whens the bbq

Looks like you guys had an awsome time.I have always wanted to do something like that.I fish lake Ontario but those fish are huge compared to the salmon I catch.How long was the ride out?And were you using live bait or chumming?Great pictures.

Re: Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

Nice job boys!

Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

It was a RIOT... loved every minute of it. I've never seen as many whales in all my deep sea trips as we did yesterday. It would have been worth it for the whale watching alone. One of the sharks we saw "finning" was an absolute monster too.
Weather wasn't bad... just really, I mean REALLY foggy.
No live bait... no chum... just trolling. Same thing you read in the tuna articles, squid rigs and green machines. What a blast to see them come out of the water and thrash those squid rigs.
Talk about a powerful fish! Holy cow... Of course they waited til I landed the first one to tell this rookie how to properly hold the rod/reel so my left bicep wouldn't feel like it was going to explode. LOL
So... take note... don't try to squeeze the foregrip with your left hand to keep the rod from spinning. Just let the reel lay on your left wrist/forearm and cradle the rod in your hand. I can't imagine how I would have felt doing it my way with Adrien's 108 pounder???!!!
Great time with great guys... what else can you ask for.

Wow

This is what we saw on a pretty consistant basis yesterday. Pretty cool indeed. Notice how foggy it is. It was like that all day!

Re: Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

Like craig said we were trolling artificials around known tuna haunts we were 60 miles out of harbor near Chatham Cape Cod.

We were running and gunning them just putting the lures in when we saw fish and birds crashing bait we would give them about 1/2 hour and usually get a fish and then they werre gone we would pull in and start our circles at high speed until we located more birds and tuna crashing and then set up on them and work them.

Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

YoAdrien Did it take you guys a long time to get out to the fishing grounds?My company just took a charter for stripers but when I told him about your trip he said to find out how long it took to get out there.And if you have a name of the guy that took you out there I'm trying to talk him into doing something like that next year.I think it would be awsome doing what you guys did.Thanks in advance.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

Takes a couple hours at least in a fast boat to go 60 miles. weather is a major factor out off the cape there is no protection anywhere for you and there are huge swells that are rolling in. only a couple days a week can you even go out there and fish unless you had a 100 footer.

Not a charter just a friend. I know some guys i could hook you up with. You would probably want a BIG boat if you were going with company people, and i bet you would be looking at $2000 a day.

A typical Tuna day is leave dock about 3 am and get home in the dark. Not for the average person they just won't have fun if you are not ready and pumped to be in a boat for 16 hours i wouldn't do it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

Yo Adrian,
Thanks for the info.Yeah my bosses wouldn't get it to that.Me on the other hand would do it in a heart beat if I could afford it.It looked like you guys were having a great time.That is one thing I would like to do before I'm to old to for the jorney out there.Thanks again for the reply back.Good luck if you head out this weekend I'm going to try to make it up there next week some time.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: TUNA BLITZ BOYZZZZZ HIT DA WATTA"

first light anglers has a great guide that fishes the tuna. i have fished with Nat down in the carolinas for false abies on fly rods doing the run and gun thing, couldnt have asked for a better guide. havent done the bluefins, but it looks like a blast. a friend of mine came over with some pics of stripers he caught off stellwagen about 2 years ago, he had one bigger than 70 inches he landed on a 10 weight, nat knows what hes doing and hes inexpensive compared to the bigger boats.

AWESOME!

Nice tuna : )