Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: trolling motor

Thanks for your input Adrien. I have petty much decided to put on a trolling motor. On your islander did you use a 15" or a 20" shaft. I have look at bracket placement and it appears ethier one could work but think 20" would be better for easy of operation

Thanks again
Glen

Re: Re: Re: trolling motor

you want a 20 inch shaft motor and the motor bracket with 15 inches of travel(not the one with 9.5inches)

Come in as close to your big motor as you feel comfortable don't put it way out on the corner, you won't be happy with that, trust me.

If you ever want to come take a look at mine i am always here at the farm just stop by, call first 603-785-6660 is my cell# i still have the islander and i'm planning to sell it this coming year. Maybe if you see how i had mine set up it may help you with yours. Good Luck on your modifications.

I also can take a picture of the back and post it for you if you want. Anything to help just let me know.

Re: Re: Re: Re: trolling motor

don't know if this helps or not but i can take a closer 1 if you like.

also to anyone interested in this boat drop me an e-mail and we can talk. no downriggers come with it but all the mounting plates do if you want the riggers too we could figure something out, i'm thinking of new ones next season.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: trolling motor

Thanks again to everyone for their input. And the pic helps alot Adrien. I would like to take you up on you offer to look at you boat in the next couple weeks. I realy want to set this up right the first time. Also I work with 220 other guys here sombody is always looking for a boat so maybe can pass the infro on for you. Will give you a call in the next week or two thanks again you have been most helpful here

Glen

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How Much

Nice Boat!
How much are you gonna sell the boat for?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How Much

i have no idea yet on a price i will have to check out some stuff first. i will post it when i come up with something.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: How Much

I looked at values online and it will be in the $16,000 range with lowrance X-15 Fishfinder and GPS combo and a second gps and a radar. 4 downriggers and planer board reels may bring it up a bit more.

Re: Re: Re: trolling motor

I just went through this on my boat, 9' sportscraft cuddy. The mounting of the garlock transon mount is very easy. It comes with a formula on shaft lenght and waterline so its a no brainer. I got the black 4 stroke version rated at 134 lbs i think with an 8 hp motor @ 84lbs. It works fine but is a tad overkill you have to push down hard to get the last notch in and pull up hard to get the top notch in. But it is a quality unit. I trailer my 8 on the braket no problem. You'll also want a "control king" for the speed control,again veryy easy to hook up.
Have fun
Whip

Re: Re: Re: Re: trolling motor

thanks Whip

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: trolling motor

As far as the 4 stroke and gas I have a 9.9HP merc.4 stroke on a 19 foot lund and it uses nothing for gas and they are very quiet and can get my boat down to .6 mph and run like that all day with out fouling a plug.You can't go wrong with a 4 stroke.Good luck.

Erin