Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: stolen planer board

lots of small fish saterday and sunday. one 3 pounder on sat, one short 4 pound fattie on sunday. brother and dad on boat both days. picked up alot of lakers, which seemed strange as we never pick them up going as fast as we go, they relly like .8 to 1.1 speeds here and rarely give chase to anything faster. hoping to get atleast one more day. havent seen the smaller fish for most of the year and now we pick them up all the time, hopefully its good news for next year, most of the smaller fish have no fin clips

Re: Re: Re: stolen planer board

Ok help me out here.you were trolling and the guy thought that it was just something in the water.I don't think I have ever came across any thing that was moving all by itself in less it was alive.How could he not know that it was attached to your BOAT.This is a first in my 27 years fishing.At least you got it back.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: stolen planer board

i really dont think he knew what it was, im just glad he didnt get hurt because there was some good tension on the rope when he turned to drive away.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: stolen planer board

Let me preface this by saying that I'm a catch-n-release fisherman 98% of the time.

So in this one instance, I'm bass/crappie fishing, and I drop a bouy-marker on a school of crappie on a hump. I pull back no more than 35-40 ft so as to cast to, but not spook the school.

Some moron on a wetbike speeds up, grabs my marker and takes off. I chase him halfway cross the lake before he realizes that I'm trying to get his attention. Come to find out I was fishing "HIS" honey hole (on a day he wasn't even fishing).

After a most pleasant exchange, I went right back to the spot to finish fishing and this idiot circles around me for approx. 10 min. just out of casting range. So now the boat is rocking and my fishing buddy is getting p****d (I'm the type to usually kill 'em with kindness). So I was all smiles when I finally surrendered and drove away. . . . . . . . .

I came back two nights later, filled the livewell and vacuum sealed all those filets. Now whenever I fancy myself a crappie fry I just smile and think of him.

Re: stolen planer board

I've had people come up close to see what it was and then pull away, strange he didn't see the line attached to it ?????

Last spring (seems like yesterday) at the Winni Derby we saw an un-attended boat floating in the Lake, another boat kept coming up to itas if to check it out,m etc. He kept leaving then he'd come back, finally he towed it off, hope he had good
intentions ????

John S..

Re: Re: stolen planer board

Yeah, I remember that one John... I still think that guy was acting awful suspiscious about it. I have a gut feeling that boat never went back to the rightful owner.

Fishlessman... weird story there. Would have been really funny if it pulled him out of his boat when he grabbed it. That would have taught him a lesson. LOL