Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

It may be a little early for the spawn. The tribs aren't running, which signals the fish to congregate around the mouths and move up into them. As many of you know, there are areas in Winni where the bows and salmon congregate in ridiculous numbers to go through the spawning motions. But, if my memory correctly serves me, this happens in October and November. It may happen now until then, but I know for a fact that I witness it in late October- November. So, I don't really have an answer why it's so slow, but I got a few nice salmon in front of the mouth of the Bearcamp River in Ossipee Lake this past weekend. I would try up the water column a bit.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

I see people fishing up close to the streams and they must be fishing on top, but I don't see any catchin.

Other people are saying they are up top, but nobody's cathin any on top.

Seems like most so far are implyimg that when they stage to swan they go off the feed.

Perhaps they go off it well before they stage ???

I'm not too excited about gettin out there anymore this season, but I will give a few more shots.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

we gave shallow trolling a shot last weekend. 3 colors off each board and # 6 sinking fly lines straight back. we did catch some small fish out in front of the songo on sebago, but we did better out in open deep 200 foot water down 45 to 50 feet deep. the males really look good right now and look ready for the spawn, but we didnt catch much near the river. mergansers were catching smelt there, so i know the smelt are up on the flats in the morning right now. maybe a good hard rain for a few days will pull them up, but we didnt find them.