(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Slow day for Salmon

Adrien and others,

Perhaps a dumb question, I'm good at those, what do those the water temperature readings indicate, if anything ???? Isn't 63 degrees a tad warm for Salmon and even warmer fer Lakers ??? Should we be fishin deeper than 45 feet ??? Or can they (Salmon) be just about anywhere now ????????????

Good luck to all that can get out the last few days.

John S.

PS: See smart a-- (you know who you are) Adrien is human after all.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Fished today with Jim of Jims Lures and his son jim and grandson evan. Also on board was Dave from up North and his father. We hooked 5 salmon and landed 4 and we hooked 3 lake trout and landed 2 both lost fish were behind boat. We stayed after salmon and never dropped for lakers because I was being stubborn. The salmon would be dead for an hour and then we would get 1 or get a rigger pop and bounce and off or a couple rigger pops then a fish. They kept me just interested enough to think i was about to get into them but i just didn't. Caught fish from prop wash down to 50 feet. Water is 63 degrees from surface to 45 feet and then 57 degrees most of the way down to bottom. The fish we did land were very nice. Heard a few guys really getting into the lakers good and i probably should have gone for them, we live and learn.

This is Jim III and son Evan with evan's 22inch beauty

Jim III with an 18 incher, Evan with his 22 and Dave's Father with a 21.5 incher

Dave's Dad 21.5inch

Re: Re: Thanks Yo Adrian!!!!!!!!

The fish didn't cooperate as much as we would have liked but it was a beautiful day and i had the chance to meet some new and nice people (Great too meet ya Jim, Jim and Evan) and my Dad Finally got to catch a Couple of Salmon He had a blast!!!!!!!!!!! and like a good son i told him the salmon he caught was bigger then any i have caught (Little white lie but it made him feel Good LOL) To Adrien what can i say besides Thank You very much for letting me and my Dad come with you today!!!!!!!!! I was hoping to get him out on the water before the end of the season and as usual your genorousity was very much appreciated more then i can express in words!!!!!!! The only advice i gave my Dad Before we got on the boat Was "Don't touch the Goshdarn Drag!!!!!!!!!!!" I didn't want my good old Dad to get my old Nickname Of Donkey Dad LMAO He had fun and had a smile from ear to ear of course I'm ready for bed now considering i just got home from class UGHHHHHHHHHH Where's my Pillow LOL Thanks again buddy!!!!!!!!!! Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines LOL Dave From up North P.S. think you could email me the pics Adrien? for some reason or other i can't see them on the website tonight???????/

Re: Re: Slow day for Salmon

i dont know how true it is, but i have been told that the yoy smelts food source is on top right now and thats why the salmon come up

Re: Re: Re: Slow day for Salmon

Thanks for yur input, I'll try to run one line up a bit.

John S.