Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lowrance Units

John and Eric I agree.For the lakes around New England the best freq. is 200 KHZ I bought a dual freq. finder because of lake ontario,the bottom doesn't change like Winni. and lakes in Maine but with the currents and fishing so deep I would lose my rigger weights when I passed 80 feet and the 50 KHZ freq.alows me to see them down as far as 140 feet.I was fishing 130 feet down this year at ontario to get 50 deg water so the 50 KHZ came in handy.I hope I don't come across like a know it all I'm just trying to pass along what I have been told and read.I'm still not sure what's what but all I know is that I could not fish with out a good finder.Thanks for all the feed back.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lowrance Units

Erby...interesting; do you think its the chop on Ontario that causes you to lose the ball? I was able to see my balls (no pun intended) down over 100' in Moosehead.

Well I'm stuck with the dual ducer anyway and its been working pretty good. Lowrance recinded their earlier offer to replace the dual with a single 200 Khz...I guess the question for me is whether I buy and install the 200 Khz separately with a switch box...John S lucked out, they gave him the 200 Khz for free!

Joe G. -- you've got some good information to run with...good luck

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lowrance Units

Yes indeed. This is fantastic.Information galor. The difference between this site and others is that the information never stops. If someone gets a little out of line, Travis or Aj delete the nonsense and remind everyone what this site is all about. Thanks everyone again. I probably would have gone and bought something that a salesman said I needed and wouldn't have been too happy after-the-fact. Now I think I know exactly what I need.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Lowrance Units

Eric there is a lot of varables in Lake Ontario It all depends on the wind and under water currents on some days it takes 130 feet of cable to get to 100 feet.I know what you mean this is my first dual freq.unit also I have always had lowrance I do miss my paper graph I'm from the old school.I still don't think they can make a finder that showed the details so good as my paper graph.I still have it but it needs a stilest belt.Lowrance has had alot of problems with ther dual ducers tell them it's intermitent and they might send you a new one I know of at least 3or 4 people that fish ontario that had that problem.Just a thought.Thanks for talking catch you later.

Erin