Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: What Happened to September 31st?

Hey whip how you been? From the looks of it you have been out fishing more that me this year! How times change. Hope all is well.

Re: What Happened to September 31st?

I knpw what you mean Whip, I thought today was the last day of the month until my wife told me "only 30 days have September, etc. etc."

I think the fishing should end the "last weekend" in September, to be decided each season depending on where the 30th falls. Whoever heard of stopping fishing on a Saturday, should be a Sunday.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Gueeeeeeezzzzzzzzz????

Re: Re: What Happened to September 31st?(i come clean)

Okay, Now I have to come clean.
Last weekend at a wedding my fishing bud and I were talking it up big about goin’ to the big lake next weekend (this) for a last hurrah. He has endured with me many slow days at Sunapee this year. Well we desided to make the trip. We finally touched base Friday and desided we would go Sunday am. (The choice was Saturday Pm or Sunday AM) He talked to his newborn or another fisherman and he gave up weekend at his camp up north, my son and fist mate Al and Jims son Tanner filled out the crew. Spent half of Saturday getting everything ready, new lines, lures all set, gas the boat and truck, pack the lunches and cooler. Get up this AM. and Give Jim the mornin’ call @ 4:00 Am, his friend is at the house, alls ready….. I look on the Winni website to see if I can find out what time A’J’s opens or even if he’s open “this late in the season” and notice posts on the site about the last days “fishin” (yesterday??)
How could this be…… I called Jim back and we cried together…………….. I though 1st it was the 31st and 2nd that it was the last weekend of September not the last day ??
Just thought I should confess and John I know you can appreciate this
Whip
Wait till next year.

Re: Re: Re: What Happened to September 31st?(i come clean)

That really hurts, not just you but your whole group got screwed. And to find out when your practicaly on your way out the door, OUCH. At least my wife broke the sad news to me earlier in the week, not this weekend, and a day late at that. I reallly feel sorry fer ya, but you didn't miss a hello of allot.

The real story was one day last week Popeye asked me where I was going Saturday for the last day and I said, it's not Saturday it's Sunday then we were both confused. I said I'll check a calendar and get back to him. Instead I called the wife and she rectided the 30 days, etc. etc poem she learned as a kid. Every time I ask her how many days in a certain month, she recites this to herself to remember without looking at a calender. Had Popeye not asked me I could have been in the same boat, well not boat per say, but position.

I guess I'm not the only one that feels it should allways end on a Sunday, in this case October 1st. What's one more day ???

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Okay, Now I have to come clean.
Last weekend at a wedding my fishing bud and I were talking it up big about goin’ to the big lake next weekend (this) for a last hurrah. He has endured with me many slow days at Sunapee this year. Well we desided to make the trip. We finally touched base Friday and desided we would go Sunday am. (The choice was Saturday Pm or Sunday AM) He talked to his newborn or another fisherman and he gave up weekend at his camp up north, my son and fist mate Al and Jims son Tanner filled out the crew. Spent half of Saturday getting everything ready, new lines, lures all set, gas the boat and truck, pack the lunches and cooler. Get up this AM. and Give Jim the mornin’ call @ 4:00 Am, his friend is at the house, alls ready….. I look on the Winni website to see if I can find out what time A’J’s opens or even if he’s open “this late in the season” and notice posts on the site about the last days “fishin” (yesterday??)
How could this be…… I called Jim back and we cried together…………….. I though 1st it was the 31st and 2nd that it was the last weekend of September not the last day ??
Just thought I should confess and John I know you can appreciate this
Whip
Wait till next year.

Re: Re: Re: Re: What Happened to September 31st?(i come clean)

Hey Whip...I called Laker Ladd this AM to wish him a Happy Annivesary and during conversation I asked how Whip was doing and he said you and Jim were up my way fishing for one last Hurrah! I said , quick , give me Whips cell number so that I can give him the bad news and to tell you to switch over to bass fishing!
Well you guys are still welcome to come up anytime for a visit and we can tell fish stories!