Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: couple of questions.

I was amazed at this kid that was fishing there once. He came out of the woods and was telling me about how he fishes strictly nymphs. Everyone at that time was fishing egg sacs on noodle rods or small pieces of orange sponge. He asked me if he could squeeze in next to me and I said "sure." He strips some line off his flyrod and takes one cast and hooks up. Off he goes down the river. He comes back a 1/2 hour later with a gorgeous 21 lb steelhead. It turned out to be the biggest one caught in the river in years. I break for lunch and comes back to the river and he's right behind me. He takes another cast an hooks up again!! Another 1/2 hour goes by and here he comes again with an 18 lb brown in full spawning colors. It looked like it was already mounted. Two consecutive casts. Never saw anything like it!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: couple of questions.

I had a kid take me to a brook off the little salmon back in the 80s and I still go there. Its narrow, and full of fish, and a little easier going downstream with them!!! The locals do know how/where to fish, just like the pros here.

Popeye