(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tuna Rods for sale.

I have 3 Tuna rods for sale. They are
Reels 3 Penn International 80TW new cost $750 each
Rods 3 Star Hand Crafted T-80 New cost each $349-$509 all roller guides aluminium butts and 6'8"

They are in obviously used cosmetic condition and have caught plenty of fish both here and in florida but mechanically they are sound and strong. They were my brothers marlin rods when he lived in florida a few years ago and then i bought them from him for tuna here when he moved to maine.

They will catch a Giant bluefin with no trouble and that is what i did with them. Then i bought 3 130 class bent butt serious heavy duty tuna rods when i had the money for them. These would be a great outfits for people that want to get into tuna fishing without spending $4000 on 3 new rods. Use these and catch a few and then decide if the $4000 is worth it for new ones or not.

They are spooled with about 700 yards of 100lb big game mono but it is a few years old and i would change it. Probably 300 yards of 130 dacron and then a couple hundread yards of 130 momoi mono on top would be best.

Also they come with 3 15 degree angle flush gunwale mount heavy duty deep well swivel rod holders for fighting the fish out of. If you do get a giant there is pretty much no way you are holding the pole. You just fight it out of the holder.

I would like $1750 for the whole package 3 rods, 3 reels, and 3 holders. Got Wasabi?????

They are also great for all shark fishing too!

y