Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Squam report

another reason to look forward to spring!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

John -- a few years back when I was staying at Boulders on Little Squam the same fisherman I told you about that got skunked on Big Squam for salmon caught several nice keeper Rainbows down only 5-15 feet trolling a trout worm using a trolling sinker on a basic spinning rod / reel. Water temps were pushin 70, so its interesting they would come up and hit worms in such warm water, but they did..

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

Actually the water was about 59 degrees on the surface and this fish came off the bottom in about 25' as I was bumping the crawler off the bottom..

I just never fish the small Lake most all the time the big ones are in the big Lake.

I guess my main problem with Squam is I never have much luck by making a move, we get em early wherever we go and that's it. And I'll say this, when we do try the little Lake on the way in (very rarely) we do catch Rainbows, but normally just under legal size.

Fish and Game has it figured out pretty good as as far as stocking Rainbows go. The Bows are ready for harvest (15") when the ice is on the Lake...

But the worm thing is interesting enough to give it a try next year ?

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

John, I fish Squam up until ice in for BIG smallies. A good day is usually 50 fish over 3 with some better than good days had.

If you are interested in joining me let me know I will give you a shout out when I go. Usually when the water has turned over down to below 50 degrees on the surface. Bait balls up as the water temps drop and I vertical jig for them just under these bait balls. Very fun.

Let me know.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

Thanks for the tip, my boat comes out this weekend.

If we get a warm spell in November, I might be interested in doin some Bass fishin on Squam.

Thanks,

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

John, I fish Squam up until ice in for BIG smallies. A good day is usually 50 fish over 3 with some better than good days had.

If you are interested in joining me let me know I will give you a shout out when I go. Usually when the water has turned over down to below 50 degrees on the surface. Bait balls up as the water temps drop and I vertical jig for them just under these bait balls. Very fun.

Let me know.

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

a Warm Spell???????????? Wishfull thinking big buddy LMAO temp at my house this morning was a warm 38 degree's LOL and last night it was spitting snow UGHHHHHHHH the only good thing about that is Tracking snow Hopefully!!!!!!!!!!! and Hardwater fishing coming soon WOOO HOOOOO Take CAre God Bless and Praying for April 1st LOL LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

Squam isn't the north pole like Berlin. Actually it was 34 at Squam last Monday morning, but warmed up to be a beautifull day. "Ice", ugh, I don't even want to think about it down here for another couple of months (or more)

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

I fish year round. Some of the best fishing is when conditions are not comfortable. Likewise there are some pretty nice days during the summer that make fishing the opposite.

I'll give a shout out when I start targetting them and going up there. Waukewan, Squam, Newfound, Winni, and Winnisquam are all the potential targets on my visit list this fall. Ideal water temp are 33-45 degrees.

Oh ya John, Berlin is not the North pole. I think it is 3-4 miles south of that. ;)

Brian

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Squam report

Now Now no dissing Berlin, At least it doesn't STINK anymore LOL except for the Landfill every now and then LOL And pretty soon we're gonna be known as the PRISON CITY of N.H. Anyways according to the good ole Union Leader today UGHHHHHHH another gosh darn prison just what we need, leave it up to our good old city forefather's to think this is a good thing, I think they should make a manmade lake on the site and stock it with HUGE fish but thats my point of view LOL Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North