Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Flasher/Slasher ????

No sweat, a good fisherman will have no problem adjusting to a new Lake and like you said this web site is great, it's like having your own team of guides teaching you.

Hard part will be waiting for "ice out"

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

John I don't think I would ever use something like that here in New England You said something about using this rig in Ontario so I figured I would tell you how I have used them.They get the bait from somewhere in MI I think.I have used the smaller davis rigs with live bait trolled behind them in lake george for lakers and salmon with some sucess.I have also used the 00 dodgers with live bait for browns here in Mass.I have so much to learn about fishing in Winni still.Good thing I found this site I have learned alot allready.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

Go to Cabelas web site and go to fishing, then trolling, then dodgers, flashers, etc. and find Dave Davis Lake Trolls, click on it and find Dave Davis Lake Trolls. Get the 48" set up and attach to back of rigger ball, it attracts the fish, supposed to be like a school of bait or something. Attach your bait above and behind the blades, supposed to look like a trailing smelt, etc. I think they work good when fishing at 30 feet or more.

AJ sells them, not sure about Paugus, or get em from Cabellas. Buy a few different colors, but I don't think it matters much, I use Gold and Bronze or Copper.

John S

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

IT'S CRAZY, theese are just the must bring ones that i have culled into 1 box to simplify for a quick trip

ilucas

I see alot of copper and florescent red.Did you make that spoon box or did you buy it some where?That's a good idea to keep them from getting all banged up.That looks like it took you a long time to put together that many spoons.Where do you buy your suttons spoons from All mine are so old and scracthed up.I haven't seen them any where down where I live that sells them.Thanks for the picture.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

wildlife taxidrmy in manchester has a great selection " reel it in"

erbyjoe,
here is a link for the spoon cady, bought alot through aj bait and tackle, wildlife taxidermy, suttons bougt online.

http://maxedoutenterprises.com/index.html

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

Thanks Ilucas for the web site,What sizes are your suttons I belive I have the # 44 1/2 coper and nickle And I also have the smaller verison of the 44 Can you recomend a size and color for the suttons?Thanks in advance.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

erbyjoe,

used the 61 suttons copper and nickle earlier in the year along w/ the 61 guns (painted suttons). have not used them much since early july. some of the guys had good luck w/ them these last couple weeks, especially for lakers.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

Thanks ilucas I'm writing every thing down that I see and adding it to my santa list.Thanks again.

Erin

Nice collection mike. Did you use a piece of styrofoam and put the lures in slits? -Eric

eric,

no i use it just the way it came. it is a foam pad w/ slits about an inch long, about 12 rows w/ 6 or 7 slits in each row. you could hold about 120 suttons in it or over 200 db smelts, i got both the reg caddy and the mega caddy, i think $15.00 for the big one. they work great here is the link

http://maxedoutenterprises.com/index.html

ilucas

Lure caddy

Thanks for the info Mike. I like the way it looks with all your "weapons" displayed...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

If you really want to do it up right and go nuts, ask Salty to take you shopping, he knows all the right places and how to spend it.

Some others might say the same thing about me, but don't believe it, I'm cured, LOL.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Thanks LOL Dave Like I said early in a post I'm new to this site.But have been reading it all summer long All I know is this site is going to cost me $$ I have been away from Winni for about 6 years raising a family so I'm just getting back into my hobbie.And I don't have any of the spoons or fly's you guys talk about but I'm hoping over the corse of the winter I will get all the stuff I need.I have a santa list that is over a page long so later this fall I will ask what lures and colors I should get.So keep me in mind if you have any idea's for me Thanks again for the feed back.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Opening Day

John I thank you for all the time you spent on all that is needed for salmon fishing It has taken me years to buy the stuff that I have and I could not have said it any better than how you said it.I buy nothing but the best that I can afford.If you go to the Showboats picture page go to the bottom you will see my pride and joy(besides my family)I got her in 2003.I agree with you about having 200 spoons and only use 9 or 10 my wife always asks why I have to buy new lures If I already have every color known to man kind.My winni lures consist of mooseluck wobblers I'm not really sure what the top guns and the other lures you guys speak of are yet but I hope I will.I also need flys I don't know if you guys prefer single or tandem's and what size hooks.I'm am already infected with the disease you talk about.I have had it for over 30 years.That's what I like about this site I think we all have it.Spring time is just around the corner so I need to start thinking about getting my boxes filled with lures I here about on this site.Thanks again for the replies.Have a great day.I know I'm new but I enjoy talking about fishing and every thing about it.

Erin