Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: info on Quabbin

I go out of gate 31 most of the time. I did make it out of gate 8 one time this year. Yes, they still make you take the prop off of a large motor. If you have a small kicker, 9.9 or so, you might want to go out of 8. You can start fishing right from the dock.
They are also closed on Tuesday and Wensday and they will be open at 6am until 6pm. The fees to launch are $4.00 to park and $2.00 per man and if you're a senior cut that in half. Next season they will be open all week again. Long time coming to get that back. If you need more info let me know.
Bob

Re: Re: Re: info on Quabbin

Tempting, I have a buddy down here in Mass that has a boat that could do it, but I'm tired and really need a break. But sounds like something I might want to do next year.

I'll be in touch next Spring.

John S.

Re: Re: Re: info on Quabbin

Thanks for the info Bob I have gone out of gate 31 and at 5 to 6 mph it's a long haul to the cut.I hate to remove my prop If the little motor ever breaks down you could die out there waiting for a tow you know?Is the fishing any good this time of year?and would gate 8 be worth it?Thanks in advance.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: info on Quabbin

Right now you can get salmon and rainbows but you know how it is this time of year. Last Friday 11 salmon 3 lakers 1 bow and several lost. Sunday 1 bow and 2 lost. At gate 8 right now I would play the barrel line over the deeper water, 80 - 120', with whippers or with a long line out about 150' to start. Riggers 25-35 down back as much as 100+'. You just have to try different things out. A friend did go out Saturday and caught a few fish but the prize was a 4 lb rainbow. Good luck if you go.

Re: info on Quabbin

Thanks for the info, but I'm done.

John S.