Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
You asked for it... StillFishin'

Here are some pics of my most recent trip to PA bowhunting. Saw lots of animals... turkey, deer and elk.

Here's some turkeys... on the middle right are two birds fighting. See the wings beating?

A pic of the little six point I pulled a sneak on. This pic was two days prior to the "sneak". You can see part of his rack above and just ouside his ear... he was a six point with no brow tines. My arrow missed him by an inch (over his back) on the last day of the hunt... after a very long stalk... during which I had a spike and three pointer bedded within 12 yards of me on one occasion. I spent a lot of time on my belly, hiding in the ferns, on that stalk. So cool.

Here's a doe I saw with neat colors on her face.

Saw lots of elk. Here's a bull tending a small harem.

A group of elk... next mountain over from me.

A couple pics of a buck mingling with three spike elk. The two were NOT enjoying sharing space under the tree!

And finally, here's a close-up of a bull. He was only 20 yards from me. Wish I had an elk tag at that moment!

As always... a ton of fun. Saw twelve different bucks during my week there. Seven of the twelve, I saw on multiple occasions. Two of them were very nice eight points. AND all these were just the ones I saw while actually hunting. I saw many more and much bigger while driving around... Headed back October 28th thru November 4th to give it another go. Hope to have more pics this time, as I didn't carry my camera much last time.

Re: You asked for it... StillFishin'

I would have cryed being that close to a nice bull elk like that and not being able to shoot it UGHHHHHHh my Dad goes out to Oregon every few years elk hunting and that is some of the best wild game meat i have ever eaten, I love Deer and Moose but elk is better then both of them Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting (Just make sure you fix your sights LMAO sorry had to throw that in LOL) LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: You asked for it... StillFishin'

Awesomes pics...looks like a great time! I am jealous!

Re: Re: Re: You asked for it... StillFishin'

Nic Pics Slipnot.....I agree on the elk, there is no better. I have gotten a few in Idaho. What a trip putting a knife to one of them!!!Texas chainsaw masacre!!!

Popeye