(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for u guys w/ kickers

there are two garelick brackets for 4 strokes
1 has 9 inches of vertical travel and other has 15 inches of travel. ONLY GET THE 1 WITH 15 INCHES!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for u guys w/ kickers

adrien,

that would be the 71901. (i read the specs wrong 1st time) vertical travel is 15 1/8". distance from transom to motor mount face is 10 1/8" up position to 16 7/8 down position. can you see it working out to the right of the trim tabs? i think when it is all said and done it might create quite an obstacle for the downrigger and when landing a fish.

ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for u guys w/ kickers

Mine is right on the edge and no problem landing fish. Got to be real careful docking on the starboard side. If you have the space to mount it where you say you will be golden. I think yours will be mounted higher from the water than mine.

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for u guys w/ kickers

ilucas,
I would have to second getting the one that drops down 15 inchs.On my other boat I mounted my bracket a little to high.When I was in rough water and the motor was all the way down on the bracket the motor would come out of the water.but in clam waters it ran great I also used an easy steer that works great.It looks like you have a heavy of enough boat so you should have no problem but It's just a thought.Good luck.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for u guys w/ kickers

salty,
no problem w/ the downriggers?
ilucas

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for u guys w/ kickers

No problem. I have 2 0n that side. I run one at 90 degrees and the one behind the kicker at 45.

Salty

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: ? for u guys w/ kickers

thanks salty,

ilucas