Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Dear Travis...

Hmmm... that sure sounds like a Paugus Bay Sports story. My vote is Mr Parent wrote that???? VERY FUNNY. LOL

Just for the record... Dave, my sights are right on. I can hit the bullseye on a target all day long. Just seems something always goes wrong when there's a deer in front of me. My luck!
First, I forget to set the "adjustable" pin back to 25 yards as I enter the woods (and in a rush, shoot over a deer not realizing I was set for 50 yards). Then I shoot twice (under the same deer) before realizing my sight broke at some point that day. And lastly, well, okay the last one WAS all me. LOL Missed by an inch... story of my life.

Lessons learned... switch back to a four-pin sight ( no forgetting to set yardage)... give bow and accesories a good "look-see" often to check for breakage... lastly, think twice before shooting your 40 yard pin at a deer 30 yards away LOL.

What the heck... its all fun. Almost like catch and release hunting.

Carry on.

Re: Re: Re: Dear Travis...

Since Trav has limited access to computer these days I called him and read these posts to him , he said to say he.....LMAO!!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear Travis...

Don't feel bad Slipknot I think all of us have played Catch and Release hunting One time or another LOL Have Fun on Vacation Take Care God Bless and Tight Lines Whoops LOL Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North Hey Still Fishin, When you heading up this way???????? where are you guys staying anyways?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear Travis...

We are staying at a private camp on Millsfield pond. Should be up there around mid day on Friday. I am bringing your numbers and will try to give you a shout. Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear Travis...

Good Luck Hope you guys nail a monster!!!!!!!!!!! If ya need any 4 wheeler help give me a shout in most of the places your hunting you can use the 4 wheeler to pull out your moose, If i can't make it I've got a great Dad and Nephew that would be more then willing to help out, Take Care God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear Travis...

Thanks again Dave for your offer to help. As you now know the guys I was with got their moose at 7:40am Sat. It was a 620lb bull....not a monster but just what they were looking for. Thanks for your tips and offers for help!
Now lets hear about some sucessfull youth hunters!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Dear Travis...

After all you've guys have done for me It's my pleasure All of you (and you know who you are) Gave me one of the BEST Summer's of fishing I've had since my dear old Grand Dad passed away in 87 Thanks Again Everyone And I'm already looking forward to next April, But first i gotta get me and Amber a Deer LOL Hopefully opening day of Muzzleloader next week Wooo HOOOO Take CAre God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North