Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

Thanks, perhaps each engine company has it's own idea, as mine is a Honda, I'll take your advice, certainly can't hurt..

I have to do something quick and get the her out of my driveway ASAP. Every time I look out my office window I see her sittin there all covered up, lookin to "go on the prowl". If I don't have to look at it, "out of sight, out of mind", maybe.

Thanks again,

John S.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

I know how you feel. I'm not a hunter either, so its pretty depressing seeing the boat in the driveway and knowing I won't be on her again for several months...I thought I'd get one more trip in (thinking our season ran through Oct.) and found out it closed on 10/15 while I was away at a conference. Bummer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

I have used Store and Start in both my boats since new in 1987 and never have a problem in the spring.I add a little more than called for to a tankful then top off the tank with gas so that it gets mixed,then run the engine till it's at operating temp,first fog it with a mixture of store and start,mistery oil,and merc 2 cycle oil,get it smoking real good,then put the merc fogging oil to it until it dies,then take all the drain plugs out of the engine,and then just turn it over till smoke comes out of all the ports.Just my 2cents

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

Eric, you mention that they told you to use "regular" unleaded but did you ask them about E10 fuel?

This is a recent controversy of a sort since E10 is being widely used in more places now and NH is one of them. E10 breaks down so quickly that even stabil may not be able to maintain it for several months. This is what everyone is saying anyways. I myself have not had any issues yet (knock on wood).

Most outboard co's were putting out statements to safeguard themselves more than anything but if you read the fine print, Ethanol is bad for low octane burning engines and also bad for gas that will sit for more than a month.

I would just be cautious and very specific when you ask Honda about this.

Brian