Welcome Fish Lake Winni Angler's

Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Does anyone know anything I should know about a 4 stroke sled before I buy? Thanks. Joe G

Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

From what I've been told they're quite as a mouse and really awesome on gas mileage, everyone I've talked too loves there touring 4 strokes just my .02 worth though. Take CAre God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

If I was changing over to a 4-stroke I would go yamaha without any thought they Have it dialed in quite well.

Charlie

Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

you shopuld look at the new polaris' they are awsome my 900 is a 2 stroke but it has the low emissions like a 4 stroke similar to the etec evinrudes my sled might be for sale its an 06

If you are buying a 2 person touring sled and you want to go 4 stroke then i guess it would be fine, but to echo charlie's words if i was buying a 4-stroke anything i wouldn't consider anything but a yamaha.

I wouldn't even think about getting a 4-stroke snowmobile unless it was yamaha. I know some like them, But with the new 2-strokes on the market they make 4-strokes obsolete before they even arrived.

Get a ski-doo 600sdi rev-based touring or performance sled and you won't be able knock the grin off your face with a cannon. I have owned 3 600sdi ski-doos for the last 3 years and logged over 15,000 miles (YES, FIFTEEN THOUSAND MILES) on them they are perfect! i have multiple sets of springs that i change during the season based on the amount of weight i am carrying, like when i take my wife along usually 2500 miles each year or if i am carrying lots of gas or whatever and it performs flawlessly all the time, and also in the last 3 years i havn't even opened the hoods on the machines except for a blown belt maybe once a year, and to add oil.

i get 12-20 miles per gallon depending on what i am doing. if i have 2 on the sled and we are really tearing it up, like the day last year we did 382 miles with 2 on the sled in 1 day. we got 12 mpg. if i am alone i get 19-20 and regular with 2 around 14 mpg. my alone avaerage is 17mpg.

also can reach 100mph with 2 on board or cruise at 20mph all day. smoothest engine on the market.

Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Thanks for the info Adrien.It's a 2002 and has 3500 miles on it. The book is around $3800. He wants $2500. I have limited funds and I'm only using it for ice fishing and letting the wife and kids screw around with it. I'll upgrade eventually.You're making me a little nervous. Does this sound like a good fit to you? JoeG

Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

then if that is the case it would seem to be a great sled for that purpose, actually better than perfect. that is exactly what a sled like that is for. as far as the money goes i have no idea but if that is book then it sounds pretty good. I thought you were about to drop $10,000 on a brand new sled, and i wanted to make sure you had checked out other options, i am all for checking out everything i can and want as much info as i can get before dropping huge money on brand new stuff.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

While we are on the subject of sleds I have a question if you guys don't mind.I have a chance to pick up two one owner 2 stroke skidoo sleds with only 4200 miles on them 1997 models in mint condition for $1300 each is this a good price for some thing like that.I was wondering if that would be to much.These have been summerized every year he has had them.There is not a scrach on them and the seats are like brand new no tears or nothing.One is also an electric start.Plus he will throw in helmets,covers and extra belts for both of them.What do you guys think?Thanks in advance.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

sure sounds like a good deal there. especially if they are in the condition you state. what models are they??

you can find book values online at NADA.COM also it states in their values that vehicles in exceptional condition can be worth significantly more that the stated values. check them out.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

YOAdrian

Does ski-doo even make a 4-stroke to compete in this area of the market or are they going to super fine tune the deadly SDI for super 3-star emmissions?? I know that the gas mileage is quite impressive as we speak.

Charlie

YOAdrien,
They are 1996 models not 1997 sorry I wrote down the wrong year.One is a Touring E and the other is a Formula S.He even has a wireless head set that goes with the sleds.I think they are worth the $$.I will have to look them up.I just wanted your guys imput before I thought about buying them.Thanks.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Give travis a call at 455-0268...he sells both the Yamaha and Cat.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Hey there Bob, Your Back already??????? How'd the Maine trip go????????? Did Travis finally nail one or blame it on the gun if he missed? LOL Take CAre God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North P.S. How's the moose steaks?

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

DUHHHHHHHHHHHh Dumb Frenchman moment LMAO Should have scrolled down and looked at the rest of the new messages DUHHHHHHHHHHHHh LOL Take CAre God Bless and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Does anyone on this site know what I do for a living? I sell sleds Arctic Cat, Yamaha and Polaris. I would buy it hands down, a great motor and a super value at that price! The four stroke tech. is the way to go...

Trav

who do you work for?

Gee i always thought you were just a Great Fishing Guide LMAO Maybe it's cause so many people most probably think that's how you make your living? Even though I know you wish you could live just off of that The poor guy is just like the rest of us and has to work a real job too LOL Take CAre God BLess and Good Hunting LOL Dave From up North

REALLY - THAT SURPRISES ME

Bruce

I work for HK Motorsports in Laconia, NH.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

I bought Lisa's race sled from her this summer small world .

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Jeff,
That is only his day job, plus guiding not to mention training for the "ring"...and I'm not talking a wedding ring either!
Hi Travis/Bob.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Hi Bob.....hope all is well! I imagine you have been out sitting in your new boat, waiting for April 1! (:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

Hi Bob,
Doing much better thanks...Sitting in the boat in my garage is exactly what I have been doing every evening with Daisy, the new canine addition to the family. My wife now knows for sure how wacky I am.
Thanks to GrayGhost, I have properly wired my Big Jon's, re-rigged everything on the boat(sometimes twice)and am now counting the days to April 1st.
Thanks to recent posts from Adrien and others about otter boats, lead line rods and reels, etc., maybe I'll swich gears to shopping for more terminal tackle and stuff, just what I need...LOL.
If this keeps up, I might even consider hardwater fishing. What do you think John Sampson, wanna give it a try?
Good luck hunting guys!
Bob

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Arctic Cat 4 stroke Sled

I might go up and visit a few of the boys if they get some "good" ice. I do know a spot on Squam that I would like to try that's supposed to be good for Bows. I do have one small problem, I'm a wimp when it comes to "COLD". I hope your garage is heated so when your sitting in your boat your comfortable, LOL.

In answer to another post, we have the Big John tower, w/reels and Otter boards, work great, never used any others so I can't compare.

John S.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Hi Bob,
Doing much better thanks...Sitting in the boat in my garage is exactly what I have been doing every evening with Daisy, the new canine addition to the family. My wife now knows for sure how wacky I am.
Thanks to GrayGhost, I have properly wired my Big Jon's, re-rigged everything on the boat(sometimes twice)and am now counting the days to April 1st.
Thanks to recent posts from Adrien and others about otter boats, lead line rods and reels, etc., maybe I'll swich gears to shopping for more terminal tackle and stuff, just what I need...LOL.
If this keeps up, I might even consider hardwater fishing. What do you think John Sampson, wanna give it a try?
Good luck hunting guys!
Bob