(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Releases

John,
Click on the yellow Roemer in my first post and it will link you to Cabelas.
Gus

Re: Re: Re: Releases

Yur the man Gus.

hi john
I like that scotty mi release to john I use a no # 7 rbber band.It work like a mi scrubber.
IT will set the hooks every time to.
jim

Re: Releases

The Roemers have a durability issue because of the plastic construction. I like to fish with light lines, 6 and 8 test. These lines will at times cut into the plastic and from that time on your line will not release because the line hangs up in the cut, another dead Roemer. For the stackable releases, Roemer’s release has an outstanding stacking mechanism, a cam that puts pressure on the wire to hold it in place and the cam releases when it reaches the boom. The release set up in the picture has been in use for 10 plus years and still ticking.

Walker Release

When the stacked Roemer releases the boom, I asume it slides well on the cable and does not fall in the drink ??? If so, I'll definately try them.

The plastic issue is something we have to live with I guess, like I said my Mini Clips seem so loose their
holding power after a while too. Best to chuck any release that's not working 100% I guess.

Thanks guys, gotta put my Grandpa hat on and pick onre of my grandaughters up, three grandkids, all with different "get out of school times", same school. How's a working parent supposed to do it alone these days ?????? I see more grandparents when picking them up than I do parents. But I'm not fishin and don't mind a bit.

John S.

I use Roeamers that I bought from Cabelas this past summer ($11.99). Easy to use and easy to set. Only had 1 problem with it not releasing correcly. It was my issue not theirs.

Sure John ya just had to mention April UGHHHHHHHH Now I'm gonna start having Fishing Dreams again UGHHHHHHHHHHH they had slowed down a little with the start of hunting season Thanks Buddy!!!!!!!!!! Hey Grey Ghost the pic of the release you showed is that a Bullet Release? we've only been able to find the nice not sure of the make at AJ's and we love that release too very simple and once you get it fine tuned even a small one will trip it with ease, even a dumb frenchman like me can figure that release out LMAO Take Care God Bless LOL Dave FRom up North

As gray Ghost said the line digging into the unit does give you some problems.The only way to stop it from doing that is you have to make sure that the line that comes from the rubber pc and the line that goes to your lures both come off the same side of the clip.I don't know if I'm saying this right.If you hook up the lines to where one line comes off one side of the clip and the other one comes off the other side what happens is the loop that comes out of the rubber pcs digs into the the plastic loop that you put your line thru and then you will have a mark that could cause you problems down the road I have been using these releases for 15 plus years and they are the best I have found for light line clips.I hope I didn't confuse any one It's just hard to explain.

Erin

Re: Re: Re: Re: Releases

you got it right erin.

roemer sells an accessory kit if this happerns to you. i have never had that problem on winni ever but when i run high tensions in ontario it happens now and then. just get the .99 cent accessory kit of a new finger and pin and stick it on and you are back in business. takes about 10 seconds no big deal.

Those releases are Walker, I got mine from A J’s. Don’t know if they still make the bullets, they do make the inline ones which work great.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Releases

I got mine at the Kittery Trading Post. Call ahead, they sell fast. If you order ahead they will hold them.

Hi John,
You probably have the best releases for Winnie fishing now. We have tried many over the years and alway come back to Scotty.
The only inprovement would be to get larger attaching cable clips. They are heavy duty and easier to open. These are used in Pccific crab pot to latch bait bags to the traps. A store called "Sportco" in Fife Waskington carries just the clips. These wont slide on the cable as the small ones do after long use.