Log On Today - Fish On Tomorrow!

(603) 731-1804 / (603) 344-8698

Welcome Fish Lake Winni Anglers
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: rigger and planer rods

i use the okuma blue diamond rods with my planer boards because they have the gimbal lock that works with my holders. the reason is that when the planer board line comes around toward the back of the boat while turning i can position the eyelets of the rod away from the line and it stays there. i lost a rod once when the planer line came around and caught an eyelet and lifted the rod out of the holder.the one i use is the downrigger ml 8foot 6 inch model. yellow eagle claws for the downriggers. high cabin in the front of my boat spins it like a top for automatic crazy charlies

Re: Re: rigger and planer rods

i have been using 7' one pc ugly sticks #1131 (6-17#)for the down riggers and Eagle claw starfire 8'6" 2 pc graphite (12-20#) along w/ 2 pc 9' ugly sticks for the leadcore rods on the otter boats.
I bought the shimano talora's 2 pc 8'(8-17#) for next years spring trolling w/ just mono on the otter boats. needed more rods so i thought i would try something new, they feel realy good, but like Adrien said they are a little stiffer. can't wait to try them though.

ilucas